State Bank of India, the largest lender in the country, is going to conduct the Mains exam for recruitment in the assistant cadre on 25th and 26th June 2016 all over the country. The prelims results are out and everybody is busy giving finishing touches to their preparation for the exam. This is the first time that the exam will be conducted in a new pattern i.e. allotted sectional timing for each section of the exam. Accordingly, the candidates need to fine-tune their strategies to make it to the coveted bank.
SBI Clerk Mains: Exam Pattern
SBI has announced that the recruitment of junior associates for the bank will take place in three stages namely prelims, mains and interview (if interview is held). The marks obtained by the candidates in mains and interview will be taken into account to draw the final merit list. The mains exam has surprised everybody with its new pattern:
- The Topics are almost the same: The SBI Clerical Mains exam will have General or Financial awareness, English Language, Reasoning ability and Computer Aptitude and Quantitative Aptitude for selecting the candidates for the next level i.e. the interview round(if interview is held).
- The number of questions is less: There will be a total of 190 questions in the paper compared to the previous total of 200 questions. The numbers for each section are: General/ Financial Awareness (50 questions), English Language (40 questions), Reasoning and Computer Ability (50 questions) and Quantitative Aptitude (50 question).
- Differential marking pattern for Sections: Yes, all the questions are not going to carry equal marks in the new pattern. For English, General Awareness and Quantitative Aptitude, there is one mark allotted to each question but for reasoning and Computer ability, the allotted mark for each question is 1.2 as it has 60 marks allotted against 50 questions in the section.
- Overall Time is more: You are getting 40 minutes more to answer 10 questions less than the previous papers. Here you have 2 hours 40 minutes to answer all the 190 questions and not 2 hours for 200 questions.
- Sectional Timing: This is the most talked about change that SBI has made in both the clerical and PO recruitment process this year. The sectional timings are as follows: General Awareness / Financial Awareness (35 minutes), English Language (35 minutes), Quantitative Aptitude (45 minutes) and Reasoning and Computer Ability (45 minutes).
The New Approach for a new Pattern: Let’s see it!
Everybody has been shocked initially because of the new pattern in the examination. But there are some positive aspects as well for the same along with some negative sides. Let us find out in detail how you can use the new pattern to your advantage:
- Stick to your basics: This is something which holds true for each and every examination you take. So, do not get bogged down by new timing, new pattern etc and get the basics of each section correctly starting from quantitative aptitude formulae and reasoning topics.
- Strengthen your English and GK: These two sections are going to see an increase in cut off because more than required time is allotted in these two sections and you have to attempt all the topics in English and make sure your GK answers are right so that any silly mistake cannot throw you out of the competition.
- Practice each section within time limit: This is one thing you must and must do in order to make yourself acquainted with the new pattern. Unless you understand the areas you need to work on regarding time management, you can never succeed in the examination.
- Take online mock tests: This is for your overall evaluation of preparation. Hence, try to take as many practice tests as possible to understand you strong and weak areas so that you can make your strategy accordingly.
- Take the change positively: Do not fret about the new change as it is for everybody and everybody will be taking the test with the same pattern. So, consider the change positive since you do not have to worry about time allotment and the number of overall questions is less along with more time allotted overall for the paper.
SBI Clerical is one of the most sought after posts after obviously IBPS PO and SBI PO. So, lakhs of candidates vie for these posts every year. SBI gives you good package and a great opportunity to learn that no other bank can provide. The career growth is also the fastest in SBI compared to any other bank, including RBI. So, here is your chance to make the most out of this lifetime opportunity and make a mark in the society. Go out and give your best. All the best!! Here are new approach for new pattren.
SBI Clerk Main Exam 2016: SBI to impose strict dress code; half sleeves, NO shoes