State Bank of India holds written examination for recruitment to the posts of Probationary Officers. The written examinations is conducted on two phases comprising Objective Questions and Descriptive Papers. SBI PO descriptive exam is taken to checks the level of understanding and lucidity of candidates.. Jagranjosh.com has come up to provide topic wise tips for descriptive test. Here, we include tips for writing good précis.
Here are some characteristics for writing Good Precis, which are as follows:
- The précis should be brief, clear and concise. The length should be one third from length of original passage. Also, unnecessary and superfluous words should not be included in the body.
- The whole précis must be interconnected means there should be no series of disjointed sentence or phrases
- It should be self contained conveying message fully and explicitly.
- It should show true pictures of idea and facts mentioned in the passage. Use of personal views and remarks should be avoided.
- Good précis should be written in simple, straight forward, grammatical and idiomatic English.
- Precis should show natural fluency in its language.
Points to Remember for Writing Good Precis
The candidates should keep following points in mind while preparing their draft:
- Nothing should be added from you side. No need to give any explanatory notes, example or comment. The ideas expressed should be pointed and straight forwarded
- In order to bring brevity in précis, concise expressions should be used. For this, one word substitution exercise should be practiced.
- Ornamentation should be strictly avoided. Similes, quotations, illustrations, proverbs should also be left out while writing précis.
- Heading or title should be given at the beginning of the précis.