Saha Institute Of Nuclear Physics Bidhannagar Kolkata invited applications for recruitment to the post of Associate Professor-E for the various Divisions of the Institute. Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed format on or before 10 February 2014. Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics was established in 1949 under the Government of India. The main objective behind the establishment of the institute was to have an institution responsible for research and training in the physical sciences and biophysical sciences.
Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms: 10 February 2014
Detail of Vacancies
Name of the Post: Associate Professor-E
Name of the Division:
- Biophysics & Structural Genomics Division: 2 Posts
- Computational Science Division: 2 Posts
- Crystallography & Molecular Biology Division: 1 Post
- Condensed Matter Physics Division: 1 post
- Nuclear Physics Division: 1 post
Total No. of Posts: 7 Posts
Age Limit: candidate age should be below 40 years as on 10 February 2014.
- Candidates must possess Ph.D. degree with minimum 2 years post-doctoral experience with some recognition amongst scientists in his/her area of specialization by the merit or his/her publications.
- The candidate should have proven ability of guiding research of junior workers, ability to communicate and interact with other scientists, and flexibility of outlook and attitude to take independent charge of assigned sub areas belonging to a major project or broad area of research of the Institute.
Pay Scale: Rs. Rs.15600-39100+Grade Pay Rs.7600/
Candidates will be selected on the basis of interview.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with attested copies of documents in respect of qualification, experience, three copies of the Curriculum Vitae with a list of publications, cumulative important reprints, impact factors citation, research plan for future work should be sent to the Establishment Officer, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, 1 / AF, Bidhannagar, Kolkata - 700 064 on or before 10 February 2014.
- Application form may also be sent by e-mail to the Establishment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, duly signed hard copy of the application form will also have to be sent as per the advertisement before 10 February 2014.
- The candidates have to arrange letters of recommendations of minimum 3 referees (in sealed envelope appropriately marked confidential) which may either accompany the application or may be sent directly to the above mention address before 10 February 2014.