Railway Recruitment Cell, Southern Railway invited application for recruitment to various posts. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 08 July 2013. The Southern Railway, headquartered at Chennai, Tamil Nadu, is one of the 17 zones of Indian Railways. It is the earliest of the 17 zones of the Indian Railways created in independent India.
Opening Date of Application Form: 8 June 2013
Closing Date of Application Form: 8 July 2013
Closing Date for receipt of application far flung areas: 22 July 2013.
Name of Post: Group ‘D’ category
Total No. of Vacancies: 813
- Candidate should have 18 years and not below 33 years as on 1 July 2013.
- Age Relaxation in upper age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST is 5 years.
- And for OBC candidates is 3 year.
- Matriculation pass or equivalent or higher qualification.
- Ex-servicemen after putting in 15 years regular service and has passed Army Class-I Certificate or equivalent.
Pay Scale: Rs. 5200-20200 + GP of Rs. 1800
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of scrutiny of applications and there will be no written test or physical efficiency test.
- The panel of Ex. SM will be formed solely on the basis of the length of military service rendered subject to medical fitness.
- SC/ST/OBC category of Ex. SM placing in the panel shall be adjusted against their quota.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application form, as given in the notification.
- Fill that form completely and affix passport size photograph duly signed by the candidates and attested by gazetted officer, attested copies of certificates, two self addressed envelope with postage stamp on each envelop and with super scribed on the top "Application for recruitment against ex-serviceman quota".
- Application form should reach to the address given below before 8 July 2013.
Assistant Personal Officer/Recruitment
Railway Recruitment Cell
No. 5, 3rd Floor, Dr. P. V Cherian Crescent Road,
Egmore, Chennai - 600 008