SSC JHT 2017: Ex-serviceman acceptable definition for availing age relaxation
In this article, we have clearly stated the situation, conditions and terms for acceptance of any defense personnel as an ex-serviceman. For full information, click here..
The online registration for SSC JHT is started from 15.04.2017 to 05.05.2017. SSC JHT is also among the most lucrative career option in the government job sector as it is offering a higher salary and other benefits lying under Level-6 &7. In SSC-JHT, few candidates who have crossed the upper limit of age can avail relaxation in age as per the regulations.
The same above is also with Ex-serviceman or army personnel. However, the age relaxed for this category varies, as there are various defense services exists in our country. Let us take a cursory look over this: -
Any serviceman of the all three armed forces of the union will be treated as an Ex-serviceman for the sake of getting benefits of reservation, if he possess/fulfill the following criteria-
An ex-service man means a person
- Who has served in the regular Army, Navy and Air force at any rank as a combatant or non-combatant and
- Who is retired/relieved/ discharged from the service with his consent or by the employer after getting pension, or,
- Who has been retired or relieved on medical grounds. So that, he cannot work for these services and awarded medical/disability pension; Or,
- Who has been released as a result of reduction in establishment; or
- Who has been released after completing the specific period of engagement except his own request or discharge on account of misconduct/ inefficiency and he had been given a gratuity and includes personnel of the territorial army of the following categories.
· Gallantry awardee
· Pension bearer for continuous embodied service
· Person suffered from disability during military service
- Personnel of Army Postal Service who are working or retired from Army without reversion to their patent service with pension or released on medical grounds with awarded medical/ disability pension.
- Any Army personnel, who was on deputation in Army postal service for more than six months prior to the 14thApril, 1987. Or,
- Gallantry award winners from any armed forces including Territorial armed forces. Or,
- Ex-recruits boarded out or relieved on medical ground and granted medical disability pension
Note: - Age concession cannot be given to sons, daughters, and dependents of Ex-servicemen.
We at jagranjosh.com are committed to give each minor information in detail. So that, you can prepare for the examination without having any obstruction. Therefore, for latest updates, come to us at our SSC official webpage.
All the Best!