Tamil Nadu Fisheries University (TNFU) invited applications for recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format on or before 1 December 2014. TNFU is the 20th university in Tamil Nadu, founded in 2012 in Nagapattinam, Nagapattinam district.
Last Date for Submission of Application forms: 1 December 2014
Detail of Vacancies:
Name of the post: Assistant Professor
Name of the Departments:
- Aquaculture – 7 posts
- Fisheries Biology and Resource Management – 2 posts
- Fisheries Environment – 1 post
- Fish Processing Technology – 3 posts
- Fish Quality Assurance and Management – 1 post
- Fisheries Economics – 3 posts
- Fishing Technology and Fisheries Engineering – 2 posts
Total Number of Posts: 19
Pay scale: Rs.15600-39100 + GP 6000
- Good academic record with minimum 55% marks or an equivalent grade of B in the 7 point scale with letter grades O, A, B, C, D, E & F at the Master degree level in the relevant subject from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from a foreign University.
- Qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC/CSIR or a similar test accredited by the UGC (state level eligibility test SLET/SET).
- Candidates who are or have been awarded Ph.D. degree in compliance of the University Grants Commission shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET.
Candidates will be required to pay demand draft of Rs.500/- (in case of SC/ST candidates Rs.250/-) drawn in favour of "The Finance Officer, Tamil Nadu Fisheries University, Nagapattinani" at any nationalized bank payable at Nagapattinam.
Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Interview.
How to Apply:
- Candidates have to apply in prescribed format which can be downloading from Tamil Nadu Fisheries University website.
- The application complete in all respects along with DD, attested copies of all certificates, Mark Sheets, evidence of teaching, research experience, copies of reprints of published articles, certificate containing the record of date of birth, etc. should be sent to the Registrar, Tamil Nadu Fisheries University, Nagapattinam-611 001 on or before 1 December 2014.
- Candidates should mention “Application for the Post of ________” on the envelope in which the form would be sent.