Fleet Personnel Department of The Shipping Corporation of India Limited, Mumbai invited applications from unmarried male and female Indian Nationals for selection as Trainee Navigating Officer Cadet (TNOC) for Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) leading to Degree in B. Sc (Nautical Science) affiliated to Indian Maritime University- DG Shipping (August 2014 Batch.). The Shipping Corporation of India will conduct entrance test for selection. The candidates eligible for the course may apply ONLINE on or before 15 April 2014.
- Last Date for Online Submission of Application: 15 April 2014 upto 5 PM.
- Last Date for Submission of Documents: 21 April 2014 upto 5 PM.
- Date of Written Examination: 04 May 2014.
Details of Entrance Examinations
Entrance Examination for: DNS Course leading to B.Sc. (Nautical Science)”
Course Commencing For: August 2014.
Educational Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant should have passed10+2 examination from a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) with not less than 60% marks in PCM (Those who have appeared for 10+2 examination and are waiting for results can also apply & qualify for admission subject to compliance of eligibility criteria prior commencement of the course); Or
- Applicant should have a Pass in B. Sc. with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with not less than 55% marks in final year from a recognized university. Physics should be an individual subject in one of the years in B.Sc and provided that the candidate must have passed 10 + 2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) from a recognized University; Or
- Applicant should hold B. E/B. Tech degree from I.I.T or from a college recognized by AICTE.
- Applicants should also have a minimum 50% in English as a separate subject, in either 10thor 12thstandard or in Degree, conducted by a recognized Board or University.
Age Limit &Relaxation
- Age limit for the candidate should not be more than 25 years as on 01August 2014.
- Age relaxable by 05 years for SC/ST candidates and relaxable by 02 years for female candidates.
Application Fees for General/ OBC candidates is Rs. 1,000/- and for SC/ST applicants, it is Rs. 500/- which will be deposited in the State Bank of India and obtain UTR number from respective bank. The details of Bank Account for depositing application fees are as follows:
- Account Bearer: The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd., Mumbai;
- Account Number: 10972426052;
- Bank Name: State Bank of India;
- Branch Name: Backbay Reclamation, Mumbai;
- Branch Code: 1593;
- City: Mumbai, Maharashtra;
- IFSC Code:SBIN0001593
Course duration includes 12 months of Pre-Sea Training followed by 18 months of Structured Ship board Training as TNOC (Deck Cadet) under Indian Maritime University (IMU)–Directorate General of Shipping (D G Shipping) project, leading to Degree in B.Sc. (Nautical Science) to be conducted at Maritime Training Institute at Powai (Mumbai) &Tuticorn (Tamil Nadu) owned by The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. The DNS Course will commence on 01August2014.
How to Apply
- Interested Candidates may apply ONLINE through the SCI Website www.shipindia.com on or before 15 April 2014.
- Before filling application on-line candidates must deposit application fees in the prescribed bank and obtain NEFT UTR number from the respective bank. The details like Amount of fees deposited, NEFT UTR number, Bank Name, Branch and Date of deposit need to enter in Application Form.
- After successful submission of ONLINE application, the candidates are requested to take a Print Out of the filled in application form and paste his/her recent colour photographalong with photocopies of certificates in support of their educational qualification, age proof, caste, work experience(if any) duly attested by Gazetted Officer must reach to “The Senior Vice President, Fleet Personnel Dept, Third Floor, The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Shipping House, 245, Madame Cama Road, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021, (Maharashtra), through Ordinary-Post/Courier/Speed-Post/Registered-Post on or before 21 April 2014by 1700hrs.
- The envelope containing the application must be super scribed in bold lettersas “Application For TheSelection of TNOC/ DNS – August 2014 Batch”.
- SCI will conduct entrance test for selection, at Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata& Chennai, followed by interview.
- The Written-Examination will be held on 04 May 2014 (Sunday).
- Candidates short listed on the basis of entrance test conducted by SCI will be eligible to fill IMU Form as ‘The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd Sponsored candidates’.
- Common Entrance Test (CET) is conducted by Indian Maritime University, Chennai all over India.
- Passing IMU CET is mandatory to get admission.
- Those candidates, who are sponsored, qualified in IMU-CET, will be called for interview, psychometric test and final selection at Mumbai.
- Final merit list will be prepared on the basis of examination conducted by SCI and drawn by SCI.