Get latest UP Board syllabus for Class 10th English subject. UP Board Class 10 English Syllabus 2019-2020 contains topics which are to be covered throughout the course and also mentions division of marks across different sections of paper for board examination 2020. This syllabus has been set as per the course content given in the NCERT book that has been made compulsory from the last academic session.
UP Board Class 10 Model/Sample Papers 2020: Download in PDF
The complete syllabus is as follows:
उत्तर प्रदेश माध्यमिक शिक्षा परिषद्, इलाहाबाद
- Prose – (16 marks)
- The Enchanted Pool. by- C. Rajgopalachari.
- A Letter to God. by- G. L. Fuents.
- The Ganga. by- P. J. L. Nehru.
- Socrates. by- Rhoda Power.
- Torch Bearers. by- W. M. Ryburn.
- Our Indian Music (Stories and Anecdote) by- R. Srinivasan.
- Poetry – (07 marks)
- The Fountain by- James Russell Lowell
- The Psalm of Life by- H. W. Longfellow
- The Village song by- Sarojini Naidu
- The Nation Builders by- R. W. Emerson
- Supplementary Reader – (12 marks)
- The Inventor Who Kept His Promise
- The Judgment Seat of Vikramaditya by- Sister Nivedita (Adapted)
- The Greatest Olympic Prize by- Jesse Owens
Grammar, Translation and Composition
I. English Grammar – (15 marks)
- Parts of Sentence.
- The Sentence Type.
- The verb. (Transitive Verb and Intransitive Verb)
- Primary auxiliaries. (Be, Have, Do).
- Modal auxiliaries.
- Negative Sentence.
- Interrogative Sentence.
- Tense: Form and Use.
- The Passive Voice.
- The Parts of Speech.
- Indirect or Reported Speech.
- Word Formation.
- Punctuation and Spelling.
II. Translation: (From Hindi to English) (4 marks)
III (A) Composition: (6 marks)
(a) Long Composition.
(b) Controlled Composition.
(B) Letter Writing/Application Writing. (4 marks)
(C) Comprehension (Unseen). (6 marks)
- Words often Confused.
- Synonyms and Antonyms.
- Cries of Birds and Animals.