Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, invited applications Professor, Professor cum Principal, Reader and Lecturer Posts. The eligible candidates can send the applications through the prescribed format on or before 29 April 2015.
Last date of Application: 29 April 2015
Details of Post
Name of the Posts:
- Professor- 07 Posts
- Professor cum Principal- 01 Post
- Reader- 03 Posts
- Lecturer- 11 Posts
- An eminent scholar with a PhD in the concerned / allied / relevant discipline and having published work of high quality and actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 (ten) publications in refereed / peer-reviewed journals, and as books and / or research / policy papers.
- An eminent scholar with published work of high quality and actively engaged in research, with 10 years of experience in post-graduate teaching and/or research at the University/ National-level Institutions, including experience of guiding research at doctoral level.
- A minimum Academic Performance Indicator (API) scores under the Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), as set out in the UGC Regulation 2010 and subsequently amended in 2013. Or;
- An outstanding scholar with established reputation who has a made significant contribution to the field of knowledge
- A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) by a recognized University.
- A PhD Degree in concerned/allied/relevant discipline(s) in the institution concerned with evidence of published work and research guidance.
- Reader / Associate Professor/Professor with a total experience of fifteen years of teaching / research / administration in Universities, Colleges and other institutions of higher education.
- A minimum Academic Performance Indicator (API) scores under the Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), as set out in the UGC Regulation 2010 and subsequently amended in 2013 for direct recruitment of Professors in Colleges.
- Good academic record with a doctoral degree or equivalent published work. In addition, candidates who join from outside the University system, shall also possess at least 55% of the marks or an equivalent grade of B in the seven point scale with latter grades, O, A, B, C, D, and E & F at the Master’s Degree Level.
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution / Industry excluding the period of PhD research with evidence of published work and a minimum of five publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
- A minimum Academic Performance Indicator (API) scores under the Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), as set out in the UGC Regulation 2010 and subsequently amended in 2013
- Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master's Degree level in the relevant subject or an equivalent degree from an Indian University/Foreign University.
- NET / SLET is the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment for appointment of Lecturers provided, however, the candidates, who are or have been awarded PhD degree in compliances of the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of PhD degree) Regulation 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET / SLET for recruitment and appointment of Lecturer.
- Without prejudice to the above, NET / SLET / SET shall also not be required for such Master’s Programmes in disciplines for which NET / SLET / SET is not conducted.
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the interview/exam conducted by the organization.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates may apply to the post through the prescribed format and send the applications along with other necessary documents to: The Registrar, Utkal University, Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar – 751 004 so as to reach on or before 29 April 2015.