The third meeting of the G20 Framework Working Group concluded on 29 March 2017 in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
The meet witnessed discussions on the current global economic conjecture as well as deliberations on the policy options that countries can pursue to counter the challenges.
Highlights of 3rd G20 Framework Working Group Meet
• The focus of the meeting was to deliberate on the inclusive growth agenda of the G20 and formulation of a framework for country specific inclusive growth policies.
• In the two-day meeting, officials from more than 30 countries discussed the growth strategy to raise the world GDP by 2 per cent till 2018.
• Since the inception of the Framework Working Group in 2009, this is the fourth occasion India is hosting this meeting.
• The meeting was co-hosted by the Union Ministry of Finance and the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
• Hosting of the event assumes significance, as the G20 group is helping India to enhance the production from the manufacturing capacity to the tune of Rs 2 lakh crore under the Make In India initiative.
• Besides, the delegates were also taken to the banks of river Ganga to witness the famous Ganga Aarti. The delegates were also given exposure to the rich culture and cuisine of Kashi.
When: 29 March 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.