23 September- National Day of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia celebrated its 83rd national day on 23 September 2013. On this day, unification was done by the King Abdulaziz Al Saud in the year 1932. Thereafter in the year 2005, economic development of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia gained momentum through coronation of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz.
Economic Development of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
• The Saudi economy was rated as the seventh biggest overseas investor of the world in the year 2011 by the International Monetary Fund. The volume of the investments amounted to 583.7 billion US Dollar.
• Saudi Industrial Property Authority (MODON) also reported that the number of factories operating in industrial cities also topped with the total investments of 300 billion US Dollar.
• The United Nations also elected the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as the member of UN Human Right Council for two successive terms.
• Saudi Arabia marks the birth of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia after an epic battle on this day. The battle was led by founder King Abdul Aziz bin Abdul Rahman Al Saud.
• It was on 17th of Jomada Al-oula 1351 that the royal decree declared unification of all parts of the modern kingdom under the name of Saudi Arabia.