ACC approved appointment of Rajiv Mehrishi as the Union Finance Secretary
ACC approved appointed of Rajiv Mehrishi as the Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs in the Ministry of Finance in place of Arvind Mayaram.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) on 16 October 2014 approved appointment of Rajiv Mehrishi as the Union Finance Secretary in Department of Economic Affairs of the Union Ministry of Finance.
Mehrishi, an IAS of the 1978-batch of Rajasthan Cadre, replaced his batch-mate Arvind Mayaram, who was appointed as the Union Tourism Secretary.
Mehrishi will retire from the post in August 2014, which means that he will have just about 10 months at Ministry of Finance. At the time of appointment, Mehrishi was serving as Chief Secretary of Rajasthan.
Mayaram, a 1978-batch IAS officer of Rajasthan cadre was made the Union Tourism Secretary in place of Parvez Dewan who will retire in October 2014.
Apart from Rajiv Mehrishi and Arvind Mayaram appointments, the ACC on 16 October 2014 made other 18 transfers and appointments of which one-third was at the secretary level. Some of the important appointments included
• Anil Swarup, a 1981 batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre – appointed as the new Coal Secretary. He will take over as Coal Secretary when incumbent SK Srivastava retires on 31 October 2014.
• Alok Rawat, a 1977 batch IAS officer of Sikkim cadre – appointed new secretary in the Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances and Department of Pensions and Pensioners Welfare. At the time of this appointment, he was Secretary in Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
• Prabhu Dayal Meena, a 1980 batch IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre – appointed as Secretary in the Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare. He was serving as Special Secretary in Department of Land Resources and will replace Sangita Gairola, who retires in October 2014
• Anuj Kumar Bishnoi, a 1981 batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre – appointed as Secretary, Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation. Bishnoi was Additional Secretary in the Department of Defence.
• Ashok Kumar Angurana, a 1980 batch IAS officer of Jammu and Kashmir cadre – appointed as Secretary in Ministry of Panchayati Raj. He was working as Managing Director, TRIFED, Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
• Vinod Agrawal, a 1980 batch IAS officer of Jharkhand cadre – appointed as Secretary in National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC). He was working as Advisor, Inter State Council Secretariat under the Ministry of Home Affairs.