AIIMS Rewari: Cabinet approves setting up of 22nd AIIMS at Manethi, Haryana
The new AIIMS will involve a Hospital with a capacity of 750 beds, Teaching Block for medical & nursing courses, residential complex and allied facilities, broadly on the pattern of AIIMS, New Delhi.
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the establishment of new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rewari at Manethi, Haryana at a cost of Rs 1299 crore.
The Cabinet also approved the creation of a post of Director in the basic pay of Rs 2,25,000 (fixed) plus Non-Practicing Allowance (NPA) for the above AIIMS.
The site for this AIIMS has already been finalised at Manethi in Rewari, Haryana. Like other AIIMS in the country, the AIIMS Rewari will also be set up under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY).
The cost of construction and running of the new AIIMS would be met by the Central Government under PMSSY.
Facts and Figures
The objective is to establish the new AIIMS as Institutions of National Importance for providing quality tertiary healthcare, medical education, nursing education and research in the Region.
• The new AIIMS will involve a Hospital with a capacity of 750 beds, Teaching Block for medical & nursing courses, residential complex and allied facilities, broadly on the pattern of AIIMS, New Delhi.
• There will be a Medical College, AYUSH Block, Auditorium, Night Shelter, Guest House, Hostels and residential facilities.
• It will have an AYUSH department with 30 beds for providing treatment facilities in traditional system of medicine.
• The establishment of new AIIMS will provide super specialty health care to the people of Haryana and nearby areas.
• The Institute will also create a large pool of doctors and other health workers for the region that can be used at primary and secondary level institutions being created under National Health Mission (NHM).
• The setting up of new AIIMS is expected to result in employment generation for nearly 3000 people in various faculty & non faculty posts in each of the AIIMS.
Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY)