German tennis player Alexander Zverev on 25 September 2016 defeated Stan Wawrinka to win his first tour title in the St. Petersburg Open final.
Zverev defeated Wawrinka by 6-2, 3-6, 7-5 to win the title.
With this, Zverev becomes the first man to beat Wawrinka in a tour final since 2013. The loss also ends a 10-match unbeaten run for Wawrinka.
About St. Petersburg Open
• The St. Petersburg Open is a professional men's tennis tournament played on indoor hard courts.
• It is a part of the ATP World Tour 250 series of the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) World Tour.
• The tournament has been held annually at the Petersburg Sports and Concert Complex in St. Petersburg, Russia, since 1995.
• 2002 Australian Open champion Thomas Johansson, former World No. 1 Marat Safin and Andy Murray are the only players to have won the singles titles more than once.
• Milos Raonic was the winner of the 2015 St Petersburg Open Men’s Singles title.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Alexander Zverev
When: 25 September 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.