Ambedkar Speaks (Trilogy) Authored by Dr. Narendra Jadhav
Ambedkar Speaks (Trilogy) authored by Dr. Narendra Jadhav was released in (Vol. I, II and III). The book has been published by Konark Publishers. This trilogy is an attempt to develop a comprehensive bibliography of all the speeches delivered by Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar. The series is available in four languages – Marathi, English, Hindi and Gujarati. The first series was first launched in Marathi.
Special Features of the Book
• This series is the first ever attempt to provide a systematic study of the speeches credited to Dr. Ambedkar
• This is the first ever complete bibliography that constitutes the 537 identified speeches in Marathi and English
• 500 speeches reviewed and analysed to relate them with the developments in the country and also with the course of Ambedkar’s public life
• 301 seminal speeches (translated to English where necessary) are presented in full, with succinct contextualization.
The selected 301 speeches divided into seven categories: Autobiographical, Social, Economics, Politics, Religion, Law and Constitution and Guidance to Followers, presented with a brief introduction for each category.
About the Author (Dr. Narendra Jadhav)
• Dr. Narendra Jadhav is currently serving as a Member of the Planning Commission of India (in the rank and status of Union Minister of State). He took over this responsibility on 16 June 2009 and was sworn in by the Prime Minister on 27 July 2009.
• As member of Planning Commission, Dr. Jadhav’s sectoral responsibilities include Education, Labour-Employment-Skill Development, Sports & Youth Affairs, and Social Justice and Empowerment. In addition, Dr. Jadhav looks after the States of Tamil Nadu, Bihar and Goa, besides the Union Territories of Diu-Daman and Dadra-Nagar Haveli
• Dr. Narendra Jadhav is the Member of the National Advisory Council of Government of India
• Dr. Narendra Jadhav, born in 1953 is a renowned educationist, eminent economist and policy maker
• He is also an acclaimed social scientist and best-selling author
• Prime Minister of India Dr. Manmohan Singh has called Dr. Jadhav, “a role-model for the disempowered millions in our country”
• He is a prolific writer with 100 research papers and 14 books on economic and social issues including four in Marathi to his credit
• He has written two books in Marathi on Ravindranath Tagore – one is an anthology of Gurudev’s poems translated into Marathi and the other one (is under the process of being released) is onTagore's life and times
• He has been featured in Time, International Herald Tribune and (on the cover page of) Readers’ Digest
Who: Dr. Narendra Jadhav