Arunendra Kumar was on 16 October 2013 appointed as Chairman of Railway Board (Ministry of Railways) and ex-officio Principal Secretary to Government of India.
Prior to this appointment he was acting as additional charge of Chairman of Railway Board since 1 July 2013 besides his regular posting as Member (Mechanical) Railway Board and ex officio Secretary to the Government of India.
About Arunendra Kumar
• Arunendra Kumar was joined Railway Board as Member (Mechanical) on 1 May 2013.
• He was also acted as General Manager, South East Central Railway (SECR) (Headquarter: Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh) from 9 November 2011 to 30 April 2013.
• He was contributed significantly in various policy formulations at Railway Board Level while working as Advisor (CC) and Additional Member Production unit during his earlier stints at Railway Board.
• Arunendra Kumar was acted as in charge of maintenance of a variety of locomotives, coaches and wagons over a career of more than 35 years both in Workshops and open line.
• He is an outstanding athlete and excellent player of Badminton.
• He has featured on National Geographic Channel in the serial Seven Mega Cities of the World and holds a record of longest Live TV Interview by a Railway Officer on National TV Channel.
Who: Arunendra Kumar
When: on 16 October 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.