Arunendra Kumar Appointed as Chairman of Railway Board
Arunendra Kumar was on 16 October 2013 appointed as Chairman of Railway Board (Ministry of Railways) and
Arunendra Kumar was on 16 October 2013 appointed as Chairman of Railway Board (Ministry of Railways) and ex-officio Principal Secretary to Government of India.
Prior to this appointment he was acting as additional charge of Chairman of Railway Board since 1 July 2013 besides his regular posting as Member (Mechanical) Railway Board and ex officio Secretary to the Government of India.
About Arunendra Kumar
• Arunendra Kumar was joined Railway Board as Member (Mechanical) on 1 May 2013.
• He was also acted as General Manager, South East Central Railway (SECR) (Headquarter: Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh) from 9 November 2011 to 30 April 2013.
• He was contributed significantly in various policy formulations at Railway Board Level while working as Advisor (CC) and Additional Member Production unit during his earlier stints at Railway Board.
• Arunendra Kumar was acted as in charge of maintenance of a variety of locomotives, coaches and wagons over a career of more than 35 years both in Workshops and open line.
• He is an outstanding athlete and excellent player of Badminton.
• He has featured on National Geographic Channel in the serial Seven Mega Cities of the World and holds a record of longest Live TV Interview by a Railway Officer on National TV Channel.