William Desmond Anthony Bill Pertwee, popular for enacting Warden Hodges in Dad's Army died on 27 May 2013 at Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro, Cornwall, England. He was 86 years of age.
About Bill Pertwee
• Bill Pertwee was born in Amersham, Buckinghamshire. He lived in Wadebridge, Cornwall.
• He is popularly known for playing Warden Hodges in Dad's Army.
• At first, he played the warden in Dad's Army in the year 1968. The show also fetched Bafta for best comedy in the year 1971.
• He was the founder member as well as the president of Dad's Army Appreciation Society.
• He was also made an MBE in the year 2006 for charity services to children's hospices.
• Other popular credits of Bill Pertwee included Carry on Girls, Carry on Loving and Carry On at Your Convenience.
• Dad’s Army is the British sitcom in context with Home Guard during the Second World War. Dad’s Army was authored by Jimmy Perry and David Croft. It was broadcasted on BBC between 1968 and 1977.