Census 2011:Gurgaon has Lowest Sex ratio in Haryana
According to data released by Census 2011, lowest sex ratio in Haryana was observed in Gurgaon district at 854
According to data released by Haryana Census department in Chandigarh for Census 2011, lowest sex ratio was observed in Gurgaon at 854, Sonipat at 856 and Jhajjar at 862. The highest sex ratio was registered in Mewat at 907, followed by Fatehabad at 902, as per Census 2011. Overall sex ratio of Haryana increased from 861 in 2001 to 879 as per the census 2011.
The Major Facts related to Census of Haryana
• As per details from Census 2011, Haryana has population of 2.53 Crore, an increase from figure of 2.11 Crore in 2001 census. Total population of Haryana as per 2011 census is 25353081 of which male and female are 13505130 and 11847951 respectively. In 2001, total population was 21144564 in which males were 11363953 while females were 9780611.
• The total population growth in this decade was 19.90 percent while in previous decade it was 28.06 percent. The population of Haryana forms 2.09 percent of India in 2011. In 2001, the figure was 2.06 percent.
• Literacy rate in Haryana has seen upward trend and is 76.64 percent as per 2011 population census. Of that, male literacy stands at 85.38 percent while female literacy is at 66.77 percent. In 2001, literacy rate in Haryana stood at 67.91 percent of which male and female were 76.10 percent and 59.61 percent literate respectively.
• In actual numbers, total literates in Haryana stands at 16904324 of which males were 9991838 and females were 6912486.
• Total area of Haryana is 44212 sq. km. Population Density of Haryana is 573 person per sq km which is higher than national average 382 per sq km. In 2001, density of Haryana was 478 person per sq km, while nation average in 2001 was 324 person per sq km.
• Sex Ratio in Haryana is 877 i.e. for each 1000 male, which is below national average of 940 as per census 2011. In 2001, the sex ratio of female was 861 per 1000 males in Haryana.
• Out of total population of Haryana, 34.79 percent people live in urban regions. The total figure of population living in urban areas is 8821588 of which 4714094 are males and while remaining 4107494 are females. The urban population in the last 10 years has increased by 44.25 percent.
• Sex Ratio in urban regions of Haryana was 871 females per 1000 males. For child (0-6) sex ratio the figure for urban region stood at 829 girls per 1000 boys. Total children (0-6 age) living in urban areas of Haryana were 1054823. Of total population in urban region, 11.96 percent were children (0-6).
• Average Literacy rate in Haryana for Urban regions was 83.83 percent in which males were 89.37 percent literate while female literacy stood at 77.51 percent. Total literates in urban region of Haryana were 6510733.
• Of the total population of Haryana state, around 65.21 percent live in the villages of rural areas. In actual numbers, males and females were 8791036 and 7740457 respectively. Total population of rural areas of Haryana state was 16531493. The population growth rate recorded for this decade (2001-2011) was 10.00 percent.
• In rural regions of Haryana state, female sex ratio per 1000 males was 880 while same for the child (0-6 age) was 831 girls per 1000 boys. In Haryana, 2242901 children (0-6) live in rural areas. Child population forms 13.57 percent of total rural population.
• In rural areas of Haryana, literacy rate for males and female stood at 83.20percent and 60.97 percent. Average literacy rate in Haryana for rural areas was 72.74 percent. Total literates in rural areas were 10393591.