Commerce Minister launches AirSewa 2.0 to make air travel hassle-free
Union Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu has launched the upgraded version of AirSewa 2.0 web portal and mobile app in New Delhi. The major improvements in the upgraded version include features such as secure sign-up and log-in with social media, chatbot for travellers support and improved grievance management including social media grievances.
Union Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu and Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Jayant Sinha on November 19, 2018 launched the upgraded version of AirSewa 2.0 web portal and mobile app in New Delhi.
Speaking on the occasion, the Civil Aviation Minister said that a need was felt for development of an upgraded version of AirSewa to provide a superior user experience with enhanced functionalities.
• The major improvements in the upgraded version of the web portal include features such as secure sign-up and log-in with social media, chatbot for travellers support, improved grievance management including social media grievances.
• It will allow flyers to register their complaints through social media using the hashtag 'AirSewa'.
• It will provide all the required information about flights operating from various airports across the country including real-time flight status and details of flight schedule.
• It will provide all services and facilities including assistance to the disabled or unaccompanied minor that are available at the airports in India.
• The upgraded version of AirSewa operates through an interactive web portal as well as through a mobile app for both Android and iOS platforms and will offer passengers a convenient and hassle-free air travel experience.
• The web portal and application will also help capture air travellers’ feedback for policy interventions.
In relation to the same, the Commerce Minister gave away the champion award to Chennai airport that saw hundred per cent timely closure of grievances in one year.
The main focus of the Aviation Ministry is on improving the quality of services so that passengers who are travelling have a safe and comfortable experience.
• According to the Aviation Ministry, currently five crore passengers are travelling by air every year and the number is expected to grow exponentially in the near future.
• Hence, the Ministry felt there was an urgent need of upgradation of AirSewa and systemic intervention in improving customer services.
• The Air passengers face issues like flight delays, problem in refunds, long queues, inadequate facilities at airports and complaints of lost baggage.
• The Ministry of Civil Aviation launched AirSewa web portal and mobile app in November 2016 to address this need. The AirSewa 1.0 was received well, with around 30,000 app downloads and around 75,000 web portal hits since its launch.
• The upgradation has helped a significant number of air passengers to get their concerns resolved with 92 per cent closure rate for grievance solutions.
• In addition to grievance redressal, AirSewa also provides real-time flight status and flight schedules.
• Further upgrades of AirSewa are also being planned which would include DigiYatra registration, airport maps, BHIM payment integration and grievance escalation and transfer.