Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan on 12 February 2016 concluded his 3-day visit to India. He is also the deputy supreme commander of UAE armed forces
He visited India on invitation of Narendra Modi who became the first Prime Minister to visit the UAE after a gap of 34 years in August 2015.
Highlights of 3-day visit
• He held talks with President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on a gamut of bilateral relations.
• During the visit, both countries signed 9 agreements and Memorandums of Understanding.
• The agreements and MoUs covered a wide range of sectors like the sphere of cyber security, infrastructure, renewable energy and finance.
• Both the countries issued a joint statement that expressed resolve to increase trade by 60 percent over by 2020.
• He visited Mumbai and met Indian business leaders at the Mumbai Stock Exchange.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Visited India
When: 10-12 February 2016