UP launches ‘Commercial tax at your door steps' scheme on GST Day
• The Uttar Pradesh Government launched 'Commercial Tax at your door steps' on the occasion of Goods and Services Tax (GST) Day celebration at the offices of commercial tax on July 1, 2018.
• The scheme will run from July 1 to August 31, 2018.
• During these days, officials will meet the small and medium traders and resolve their issues related to commercial taxes.
• The facility of return filing, registration amendments and e-way bill downloading will be provided instantly and further assistance to resolve the technical issues will be provided swiftly.
Journalist Rajat Sharma is new DDCA president
• Renowned journalist Rajat Sharma was elected as the President of Delhi & District Cricket Association after polling 54.40 percent of the total votes cast.
• Sharma surpassed former World Cup winning Indian cricketer Madan Lal by 517 votes to register his win. Sharma’s group swept all the 12 seats in the elections.
• He got a total of 1531 votes while former Test cricketer Lal could only poll 1004 votes, while advocate Vikas Singh managed to get 232 votes.
• On the other hand, Rakesh Kumar Bansal was elected as the Vice President with 48.87 percent votes in his favour, younger brother of former DDCA president Sneh Bansal.
PAN-Aadhaar linking deadline extended till March 31, 2019: CBDT order
• The CBDT on June 30, 2018 extended the deadline for the PAN-Aadhaar linking to March 31, 2019.
• This is the fifth time the government has extended the deadline for individuals to link their Permanent Account Number (PAN) to their biometric ID (Aadhaar).
• The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) had last extended the deadline on March 27.
• The earlier deadlines for linking the two databases were July 31, August 31 and December 31 in 2017; and March 31 and June 30 in 2018.
Anjolie Ela Menon conferred with Kalidas Award
• Noted artist Anjolie Ela Menon was conferred with the National Kalidas Samman for visual arts from the Madhya Pradesh government.
• The award was conferred in recognition of her insightful and sensitive portrayal of the identity and spirit of women through her meaningful paintings in a variety of media.
• Menon is India’s most accomplished artists and is the recipient of the Padma Shri.
Mexico elections 2018: Lopez Obrador wins historic election
• Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador won Mexico’s presidency in a landslide victory on July 1, 2018, setting the stage for the left-wing to form the government at a time of tense relations with the Trump administration.
• Obrador won with the widest margin in a presidential election since the 1980s.
• Lopez Obrador campaigned on vows to transform Mexico and oust the “mafia of power” ruling the country and won the votes of angry and frustrated people over corrupt and violent practices of the governing Institutional Revolution Partyof President Enrique Pena Nieto.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports