Madhya Pradesh awarded for reducing maternal mortality
• Madhya Pradesh awarded for reducing maternal mortality under Prime Minister's Safe Motherhood Campaign.
• The Prime Minister’s Safe Motherhood Campaign has been launched to ensure quality care of over 3 crore pregnant women of the country before delivery.
• Madhya Pradesh has registered an unprecedented 48-digit decline in maternal deaths as per the report of the Registrar General of India from 2014 to 2016.
• The maternal mortality rate was 221 in the year 2011-13, which has now dropped down further to just 173.
• There has been a significant decline of 22 percent in the last three years in the state.
Government notifies Electoral Bond Scheme 2018
• As per provisions of the Electoral Bond Scheme 2018, Electoral Bonds may be purchased by a person, who is a citizen of India or incorporated or established in India.
• A person can buy Electoral Bonds, either singly or jointly with other individuals.
• Only the Political Parties registered under Section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951 (43 of 1951) and which secured not less than 1 percent of the votes polled in the last General Election or the Legislative Assembly, shall be eligible to receive the Electoral Bonds.
• The Electoral Bonds shall be encashed by an eligible Political Party only through a Bank account with the Authorized Bank.
• State Bank of India (SBI) has been authorised to issue and encash Electoral Bonds through its 11 Authorised Branches (as per list enclosed) with effect from July 2, 2018 to July 11, 2018.
Prime Minister lays the foundation stone of National Centre for Ageing at AIIMS
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the National Centre for Ageing at AIIMS, New Delhi on June 29, 2018.
• The Prime Minister also dedicated the underground connecting tunnel between AIIMS and JNPA Trauma Centre, and Power Grid Vishram Sadan at AIIMS along with the 500 bedded New Emergency Block and 807 bedded Super Specialty Block at the Safdarjung Hospital to the nation.
• The National Centre for Ageing will provide state of art clinical care to the elderly population.
• The Centre will provide multi-specialty health care and will have 200 general ward beds, which will include 20 medical ICU beds.
• The centre will be developed at a cost of Rs 330 crores and shall be completed by February, 2020.
• The underground tunnel is providing connecting facility between AIIMS and JPNA Trauma Centre and will reduce the commute time between the two centers. The completed length connectivity between two centers is approximately 1 km and has been completed at a cost of Rs 44 crores.
National Generic Document Registration System adopted in Punjab and Andaman& Nicobar Islands
• The Union Minister for Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Mines, Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the National Generic Document Registration System (NGDRS) in all sub-registrar offices in Andaman & Nicobar Islands from New Delhi through a Video-Conferencing.
• This generic customisable software will enable ‘anywhere access’ to data and information to both the common man and the enforcement and regulatory agencies.
• The transparency will be promoted due to registration through digital means and people will get the benefits in a hassle-free manner.
• All 5 sub-registrar offices in the UT of Andaman & Nicobar Islands have been computerised and the NGDRS has been adopted in all 5 offices.
• Similarly, all 173 sub-registrar offices of Punjab have been computerised and the NGDRS has been adopted in all 173 offices.
• The NGDRS system has been piloted in 3 States - Punjab, Rajasthan, and Maharashtra.
Ayush Ministry to introduce Ayurvedic medicine as subject for Sanskrit students
• Ayush Ministry is in the process of introducing Ayurvedic medicine as a subject for Sanskrit students.
• This subject will help in identifying the medicines and ayurvedic practices from the Sanskrit scriptures that are unexplored.
• Students who have completed Plus Two in Sanskrit will be introduced to Ayurveda as a subject.
• The Ministry also announced that the research institutes under the Ministry are in advanced stage of preparing a medicine for the viral disease Dengue. The two stage experiments have shown promising results in this direction.
India ranks 35th on Global Real Estate Transparency Index 2018
• India was ranked 35th among 100 countries (countries) in recently released Global Real Estate Transparency Index (GRETI).
• The index was released by realty consultant JLL.
• India was ranked 36th in the index during the last bi-annual survey conducted in 2016 and 40th in 2014.
• The top 10 countries are United Kingdom (1st), Australia (2nd), United States (3rd), France (4th), Canada (5th), Netherlands (6th), New Zealand (7th), Germany (8th), Ireland (9th) and Sweden (10th).
• GRETI ranks 100 markets based on combination of quantitative market data and survey results across on 186 individual measures divided into 14 topic areas grouped and weighted into six broad sub-indices.
Government institutes Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal
• The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) approved institution of Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal.
• It also has instituted three more Medals- Antarik Suraksha Medal, Asadharan Aashuchan Padak, and Utkrisht & Ati-Utkrisht Seva Medal. These medals will be awarded annually.
• The Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal and Asadharan Aashuchan Padak will be awarded on Independence Day (15th August), while Antarik Suraksha Medal and Utkrisht & Ati-Utkrisht Seva Medal will be announced on Republic Day (26th January).
• There will be no limit or quota for awarding HM’s Special Operation Medal, Asadharan Aashuchan Padak and Antarik Suraksha Medal.
• The medal will be withdrawn, if holder is found guilty of disloyalty or brings force to disrepute such as removal, major penalty, criminal offence etc.