4 January 2018: The one liner of 4 January covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liners cover important happenings like International Table Tennis Federation rankings, India’s pact to improve public transport and Swachh Survekshan 2018 among others.
• North Korea re-opened a communication channel with this country after months of hostility - South Korea
• This state has decided to impose a spot fine of Rs 500 for open defecation - Maharashtra
• This Indian tennis player is the highest-ranked in the latest International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) rankings - G Sathiyan
• The Union Cabinet has approved a MoU in the oil and gas sector between India and this nation - Israel
• The Union cabinet has approved an agreement between India and this nation on land border crossing – Myanmar
• This nation-wide cleanliness survey was launched across India on 4 January- Swachh Survekshan
• Union Cabinet recently approved establishment of AIIMS under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana at - Bilaspur
• Union Minister Maneka Sanjay Gandhi inaugurated this online portal for women empowerment - NARI
• The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved mandatory packaging of foodgrains and sugar in - Jute material
• CCEA approved construction, operation and maintenance of 2-lane bi-directional Zojila Tunnel in - Jammu & Kashmir
• Union Cabinet approved amendments in the Model Concession Agreement (MCA) to boost - Port Sector
• Radha Vishwanathan, the noted vocalist passed away recently. She was daughter of - MS Subbulakshmi
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.