Current Affairs Quiz: 10 January 2020
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Amma Vodi scheme, World Hindi Day and Milan naval programme among others.
10 January 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Amma Vodi scheme, World Hindi Day and Milan naval programme among others.
1. Which state has launched ‘Amma Vodi’ scheme to provide financial assistance to BPL mothers for the education of their children?
a) Tamil Nadu
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
2. Which court has ordered a stay on NCLAT's order reinstating Cyrus Mistry as the executive chairman of Tata Sons?
a) Delhi High Court
b) Supreme Court
c) Allahabad Court
d) Bombay High Court
3. When is World Hindi Day celebrated every year?
a) 8th February
b) 10th January
c) 14th March
d) 20th September
4. Which of the following Indian cities will host the International Naval Program 'Milan' to be held in March 2020?
5. Who among the following was recently elected as the President of Croatia?
a) Zoran Milanovic
b) Kolinda Grabar
c) Zoast Hernadi
d) Viktor Orban
6. Which Indian origin person was recently appointed as the judge of Chicago?
a) Rabia Sheikh
b) Samiya Naseem
c) Amrit Pal
d) Maninder Singh
7. Which state’s assembly will move a motion to support CAA?
b) West Bengal
c) Uttar Pradesh
8. When is Census India-2021 scheduled to begin?
a) April 1st
b) March 31st
c) January 31st
d) February 1st
9. When is Britain officially scheduled to leave the European Union?
a) March 31st
b) January 31st
c) February 1st
d) March 1st
10. The Income Tax Department has launched a 24x7 control room to monitor black money in which state/ UT?
1. (c) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh CM Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched a Rs 6,318 cr ‘Amma Vodi’ scheme for below poverty line mothers to educate their children. The state will provide financial assistance worth Rs 15000 annually to the poor mothers and guardians of school going children.
2. (b) Supreme Court
The Supreme Court ordered a stay on NCLAT's order reinstating Cyrus Mistry as the executive chairman of Tata Sons. The court also issued a notice to Mistry.
3. (b) 10 January
World Hindi Day is celebrated every year on January 10. Former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh announced to celebrate World Hindi Day in 2006. The first World Hindi Conference was organized in Nagpur on January 10, 1976.
4. (c) Visakhapatnam
The International Naval Program 'Milan' will be held in Visakhapatnam in March 2020. Milan 2020 is an international exercise of the Indian Navy. Its goal is to increase professional contacts between navies and learn from each other's strengths. Earlier, Visakhapatnam had organized International Fleet Review in 2016.
5. (a) Zoran Milanovic
Former Prime Minister of Croatia, Zoran Milanovic, has recently won the presidential election on 09 January 2020.
6. (b) Samiya Naseem
Samiya Naseem of Indian origin has been recently appointed as the judge of Chicago. She will soon take the charge. US Attorney General William Barr appointed her on the post of the judge of Chicago.
7. (d) Gujarat
The Gujarat Assembly will move a motion to support the Citizen Amendment Act(CAA) in a one-day special session. The session has been convened as per the provision in article 176 of the constitution.
8. (a) April 1st
Census India-2021 will begin on April 1, 2020 and will end on September 30, 2020. The census will be conducted through a mobile phone application, moving away from the traditional pen and paper.
9. (b) January 31st
The UK MPs finally approved the Brexit deal on January 9, 2020 by 330-231 votes, paving the way for Britain’s smooth exit from the European Union on January 31. The move is historic, as the deal was stuck in the British Parliament for over a year.
10. (b) Delhi
The Income-Tax Department has launched a 24x7 control room to monitor black money and illegal inducements in poll-bound Delhi. The department has launched a toll-free number- 1800117574 – where people can inform the department about any misuse of money power.