Current Affairs Quiz: 15 January 2020
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as ICC Awards 2019, Indian Army Day and Economist Intelligence Unit rankings among others.
15 January 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as ICC Awards 2019, Indian Army Day and Economist Intelligence Unit rankings among others.
1. Kerala has invoked which article to challenge CAA in the Supreme Court?
a) Article 32
b) Article 131
c) Article 352
d) Article 371
2. Who won ICC 2019 Spirit of Cricket award?
a) Rohit Sharma
b) Ben Stokes
c) Kane Williamson
d) Virat Kohli
3. When is Indian Army Day observed every year?
a) 13th January
b) 14th January
c) 15th January
d) 16th January
4. Who has been selected as the best cricketer of the year 2019 by ICC?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Ben Stokes
c) Rohit Sharma
d) Pat Cummins
5. Which country’s President has decided to increase estate workers daily wage to Rs 1000 from March 1, 2020?
c) Sri Lanka
6. Who among the following has recently been selected as the new Director General of CRPF?
a) JP Tyagi
b) AP Maheshwari
c) RR Rodrigs
d) Vimal Manuja
7. Which state's city Malappuram is one of the fastest growing urban areas in the world, as per the rankings of the Economist Intelligence Unit?
a) Tamil Nadu
b) Madhya Pradesh
8. When is the foundation day of India Meteorological Department observed?
a) January 15th
b) January 14th
c) January 10th
d) January 21st
1. (b) Article 131
The Kerala state government has invoked article 131 to challenge the CAA act in the Supreme Court. This means that the apex court will have to treat the case as a fresh one and not club it with the other anti-CAA petitions
2. (d) Virat Kohli
Indian skipper Virat Kohli was honoured with the 2019 ICC Spirit of Cricket award for his gesture during India’s world cup match against Australia, when he was seen asking the crowd to cheer for Steve Smith and not boo him. Smith had just returned to international cricket after one-year suspension over ball-tampering row.
3. (c) 15 January
Indian Army Day is celebrated on January 15 every year. India is celebrating 72nd Army Day on January 15, 2020. Field Marshal KM Cariappa took command of the Indian Army on January 15, 1949 from General Francis Butcher.
4. (b) Ben Stokes
The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced the annual cricket awards for 2019. England’s cricketer Ben Stokes has been selected as the ICC's best cricketer of 2019.
5. (c) Sri Lanka
Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has decided to raise the minimum daily wage of estate workers to Rs 1000 from March 1, 2020.
6. (b) AP Maheshwari
The 1984 batch IPS officer AP Maheshwari has been appointed as new Director General of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
7. (c) Kerala
According to the rankings provided by the Economist Intelligence Unit, three cities in Kerala - Malappuram, Kozhikode and Kollam - are among the top 10 fastest growing urban areas in the world in terms of population growth rate.
8. (a) January 15
The foundation day of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) is observed every year on January 15, 2020.