Current Affairs Quiz: 20 November 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as J&K’s administrative council, Google’s new cloud-based game streaming service and 'Road Accidents in India - 2018' report among others.
20 November 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as J&K’s administrative council, Google’s new cloud-based game streaming service and 'Road Accidents in India - 2018' report among others.
1. Which among the following countries has introduced visa exemptions for foreigners seeking medical treatment?
2. The Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir has constituted an administrative council to fulfill all the government functions. Who will chair the council?
a) GC Murmu
b) RK Mathur
c) Amit Shah
d) Rajnath Singh
3. Google has launched a new cloud-based game streaming service. What is the name of the gaming service?
a) Google Arcadia
b) Google Stadia
c) Google playmates
d) Google Nixplay
4. Which Bangladeshi cricketer has been banned from the sport for five years?
a) Soumya Sarkar
b) Mushfiqur Rahim
c) Shahadat Hossain
d) Liton Das
5. Who announced that the NRC process will be carried out across India and cover all citizens?
a) PM Narendra Modi
b) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
c) President Ram Nath Kovind
d) Home Minister Amit Shah
6. Germany will achieve its climate goals by which year, as per the recently passed Climate Protection Act?
7. What was India’s rank in the recently concluded World Para Athletics Championship-2019?
8. What is the percentage of growth in road accidents mentioned in 'Road Accidents in India - 2018' report?
a) 0.46 per cent
b) 0.50 per cent
c) 0.64 per cent
d) 2.50 per cent
9. President’s Colour was recently awarded to which institution on November 20?
a) Indian Naval Academy
b) Indian Air Force
c) Indian Army
d) All of the above
10. When is the World’s Children Day observed globally?
a) 14th November
b) 16th November
c) 18th November
d) 20th November
1. (c) India
India has decided to exempt foreigners seeking indoor treatment up to 180 days and admission in a hospital due to illness from getting their primary visa converted into a medical visa.
2. (a) GC Murmu
Jammu and Kashmir Union Territory has constituted an administrative council to fulfill the functions of a government under the chairmanship of Lieutenant Governor G C Murmu.
3. (b) Google Stadia
Google Stadia, Google’s new game streaming service has been launch in 14 countries across the world including the US, the UK, France, Germany and Spain. The cloud-based game includes a total of 22 launch titles.
4. (c) Shahadat Hossain
The Bangladesh Cricket Board banned former national team fast bowler Shahadat Hossain for five years with two years suspended on November 19, 2019. Hossain was banned for assaulting a teammate during a National Cricket League match.
5. (d) Home Minister Amit Shah
The process of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) will be carried out across the nation and will cover all citizens, irrespective of their religions. This was announced by Home Minister Amit Shah in the Rajya Sabha on November 20, 2019.
6. (b) 2030
The Parliament of Germany has recently passed the Climate Protection Act. Its objective is to achieve the climate targets by 2030. Flight tickets have been made expensive and different regions have set their own climate targets.
7. (c) 24th
India did its best to finish 24th at the World Para Athletics Championship-2019. India achieved two gold, two silver and five bronze medals. China topped the list with 59 medals including 25 gold medals.
8. (a) 0.46 per cent
According to the report, during the year 2018, there has been an increase of 0.46 percent in road accidents in the country. The death rate has also increased by about 2.37 percent during this period. In 2018, 1,51,471 people were killed as compared to 1,47,913 in 2017 in road accidents.
9. (a) Indian Naval Academy
President Ram Nath Kovind awarded the President’s Colour to the Indian Naval Academy (INA) on November 20, 2019. The President’s Colour is the highest honour conferred upon a military unit.
10. (d) 20th November
The World Children’s Day is celebrated every year on November 20 with an aim to promote togetherness and awareness among the children and boost children's welfare.