Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like a country from competing at Paralympics in Rio, WTA women’s doubles ranking and DNA Index System for DNA profiling of criminals among others.
1. United States has announced 138 million dollar new aid to a country. Name it.
a) South Sudan
2. Identify the State that issued a draft notification for creation of 17 new districts.
a) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
3. Identify the Indian tennis player who topped the WTA women’s doubles ranking.
a) Sania Mirza
b) Rushmi Chakravarthi
c) Tara Iyer
d) Prarthana Thombare
4. Identify the company that acquired the cement business of Reliance Infrastructure Ltd?
a) UltraTech Cement
b) Ambuja Cements
c) Ramco Cements
d) Birla Corporation Limited
5. Who was appointed as the head of the task force by the Union Government to study the structure of organised Group A Central services?
a) Vijay Kelkar
b) T Jacob
c) Justice A P Shah
d) T K Prasad
6. Which state launched the DNA Index System for DNA profiling of criminals in August 2016?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Andhra Pradesh
7. India is ranked at which place in the W10 report 2016 released by New World Wealth?
8. When the International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and Its Abolition was observed globally?
a) 20 August
b) 21 August
c) 22 August
d) 23 August
9. The Airport Authority of India signed a MoU with which state for successful launch of the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) of the Union Government?
a) Madhya Pradesh
10. Name the two states that signed MoU to build three barrages for water utilization of Godavari River and its tributaries.
a) Telangana and Goa
b) Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
c) Telangana and Maharashtra
d) Maharashtra and Goa
11. Indian-origin politician Sellapan Ramanathan who died in the recent past was the former president of which nation?
12. Union Government launched ‘Sugamaya Pustakalaya’ online library to serve
a) Persons with print disabilities
b) Persons with dyslexia
c) Persons with physical disabilities
d) Persons with visual disabilities
13. Which country launched the KN-11 ballistic missile from a submarine in Sea of Japan?
b) North Korea
d) South Korea
14. Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) recently banned a country from competing at September’s Paralympics in Rio. Name it.
c) North Korea
15. Two-day SAARC Finance Ministers’ Conference began in
a) New Delhi
1. (a) South Sudan
2. (b) Telangana
3. (a) Sania Mirza
4. (d) Birla Corporation Limited
5. (b) T Jacob
6. (c) Andhra Pradesh
7. (c) Seventh
8. (d) 23 August
9. (c) Maharashtra
10. (c) Telangana and Maharashtra
11. (a) Singapore
12. (a) Persons with print disabilities
13. (b) North Korea
14. (b) Russia
15. (d) Islamabad
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.