Current Affairs Quiz: 29 January 2020
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Operation Vanilla, Donald Trump’s new middle-east plan and new Prime Minister of Qatar among others.
29 January 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Operation Vanilla, Donald Trump’s new middle-east plan and new Prime Minister of Qatar among others.
1. The Supreme Court has allowed the National Tiger Conservation Authority to relocate which nation’s cheetah to a suitable habitat in India?
2. The Indian Navy has launched ‘Operation Vanilla’ to provide disaster relief to which country?
c) Sri Lanka
d) The Maldives
3. Under US President Donald Trump’s new middle-east plan, which city will remain as Israel's undivided capital?
a) Tel Aviv
4. Sheikh Khalid has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of which nation?
b) Saudi Arabia
5. Which nation has decided to provide formal education to Rohingya refugee children?
6. Which nation has passed a bill authorizing sanctions against Chinese officials who meddle in the process of selection of Dalai Lama's successor?
7. Which Indian sportsperson joined the Bharatiya Janata Party recently?
a) PV Sindhu
b) Manika Batra
c) Saina Nehwal
d) Mithali Raj
8. Which airlines has suspended all its flights to China after the coronavirus outbreak?
a) British Airways
b) Qatar Airways
c) Air India
1. (d) Namibia
The Supreme Court has allowed the introduction of African Cheetah from Namibia to suitable habitat in India on January 28, 2020. The top court has allowed relocation of the cheetah to the Kuno National Park in Madhya Pradesh or any other part of the nation following a detailed study on all the aspects of its relocation.
2. (b) Madagascar
The Indian Navy has launched operation 'Vanilla' to provide disaster relief in Madagascar. The operation aims to provide assistance to the affected population of Madagascar post devastation caused by Cyclone Diane.
3. (c) Jerusalem
As per US President Donald Trump’s middle-east peace plan, Jerusalem will remain Israel's undivided capital. The US President has proposed a two-state solution with two different capitals to solve the long-standing Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
4. (a) Qatar
Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Qatar, succeeding Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani. He was appointed by Qatar’s Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani on January 28, 2020.
5. (d) Bangladesh
Bangladesh has decided to provide formal education to the Rohingya children living in the refugee camps. The Rohingya refugee children living in Bangladesh were earlier barred from receiving formal education. They were being given primary education in temporary learning centres set up by the UN children's agency (UNICEF).
6. (c) US
The US House of Representatives has passed a bill that authorises financial and travel sanctions against Chinese officials who interfere in the selection process of selecting the successor to the Dalai Lama.
7. (c) Saina Nehwal
Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal joined the Bharatiya Janata Party on January 29, 2020. Saina Nehwal has won 24 International titles including a Bronze medal in the 2012 London Olympics. She was ranked world number one in 2015.
8. (a) British Airways
The British Airways has suspended all its flights to and from China due to the spread of the deadly coronavirus. All the flights have been suspended following an advice from the United Kingdom Foreign Office.