Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 2015 Moortidevi Award, EPF investment in ETF and International Translation Day 2016 among others.
1. Who of the following was conferred with the 2015 Moortidevi Award by Bharatiya Jnanpith Organisation?
a) Gulab Kothari
b) Kalakaluri Enoch
c) Kapila Vatsyayana
d) Vishwanath Tripathi
2. Name the state that has decided to install monorail in its capital city.
a) West Bengal
d) Tamil Nadu
3. Name the district of West Bengal that was declared as an open-defecation free (ODF) district in September 2016.
4. The Union Government has decided to raise the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) investment in Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) from existing 5 percent to
a) 7 percent
b) 10 percent
c) 12 percent
d) 15 Percent
5. Name the former Afghan warlord who called for peace after appearing by video to sign a deal with President Ashraf Ghani.
a) Ismail Khan
b) Mohammed Omar
c) Gulbuddin Hekmatyar
d) Jalaluddin Haqqani
6. Who has been elected as the President of Indian Statistical Institute recently?
a) R C Lahoti
b) Mahesh Sharma
c) M S Sahoo
d) Vijay Kelkar
7. Who was appointed as the Director of Nehru Memorial Museum and Library recently?
a) Pratap Bhanu Mehta
b) Shakti Sinha
c) Nitin Desai
d) Mahesh Rangarajan
8. Who was appointed as the Chairman of Press Trust of India recently?
a) Riyadh Mathew
b) Hormusji N Cama
c) Viveck Goenka
d) Vineet Jain
9. Which of the following services was not launched by the Railways Ministry recently?
a) Liberalised station to station special freight rates policy
b) Policy giving complementary tickets to Women
c) Policy giving preference to local domicile holders for commercial licenses at stations
d) New system of allocating vacant berths after final charting to wayside stations
10. What is the theme of the International Translation Day 2016?
a) Translation as Intercultural Communication
b) Language Rights: Essential to All Human Rights
c) The changing face of translation and interpreting
d) Translation and Interpreting: Connecting Worlds
11. Who was appointed as the brand ambassador of Nissan’s newly-launched car Datsun redi-Go Sport?
a) Deepa Malik
b) Sakshi Malik
c) Deepa Karmakar
d) PV Sindhu
12. Which of the following airports was awarded the Best Tourist Friendly Airport under the category for State Annual Excellence Awards by Andhra Pradesh Tourism?
a) Rajahmundry Airport
b) Visakhapatnam Airport
c) Vijayawada Airport
d) Tirupati Airport
13. The Union Government recently notified the constitution of the Monetary Policy Committee. Who will serve as the Chairperson of the Committee?
a) Union Finance Minister
b) Prime Minister
c) Governor of Reserve Bank of India
d) Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India
14. Who was appointed as the Chief Financial Officer of online fashion portal Myntra?
a) Dipa Basu
b) Dipanjan Basu
c) Deep Kumar
d) Jagdeesh Lal
15. Who was recently appointed the Executive Director of the Indian Overseas Bank?
a) R Subramania Kumar
b) Vignesh Kumar Pandey
c) Subramaniam Ayer
d) None of the above
1. (b) Kalakaluri Enoch
2. (a) West Bengal
3. (d) Hooghly
4. (b) 10 percent
5. (c) Gulbuddin Hekmatyar
6. (d) Vijay Kelkar
7. (b) Shakti Sinha
8. (a) Riyadh Mathew
9. (b) Policy giving complementary tickets to Women
10. (d) Translation and Interpreting: Connecting Worlds
11. (b) Sakshi Malik
12. (d) Tirupati Airport
13. (c) Governor of Reserve Bank of India
14. (b) Dipanjan Basu
15. (a) R Subramania Kumar