Current Affairs Quiz of the Day covers important events like Study on side effects of Endosulfan, Rio Olympics and GST Bill, 2014 among others.
1. Name the former Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh who was found dead at the Chief Minister’s official residence.
a) Kalikho Pul
b) Tomo Riba
c) Mukut Mithi
d) Dorjee Khandu
2. Indian researchers have found that endosulfan causes DNA damages in animals. What is endosulfan?
a) Organochlorine insulators
b) Organochlorine pesticide
c) Organochlorine chloromethanes
d) Organochlorine vinyl chloride
3. Name the American swimmer who set a new world record to win gold in the women's 400 metres freestyle at the Rio Olympics.
a) Jazmin Carlin
b) Leah Smith
c) Katie Ledecky
d) None of the above
4. The Wildlife Institute of India announced that it will house India’s first repository on tigers under its new Tiger Cell. Who is funding the Tiger Cell?
a) National Institute of Animal Welfare
b) National Board for Wildlife
c) National Institute of Feline Welfare
d) National Tiger Conservation Authority
5. Which country won the gold in first-ever Olympic Women's Rugby Sevens Championship in Rio de Janeiro?
b) New Zealand
6. Name the renowned Yoga Guru who founded the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram. He passed away in August 2016.
a) Padmini Narendran
b) S. Sridharan
c) T Krishnamacharya
d) TKV Desikachar
7. Who was appointed as the Transport Commissioner of Delhi in August 2016?
a) Sanjay Kumar
b) Sandeep Kumar
c) Ashwani Gupta
d) Vipul Khanna
8. Name the bank that appointed former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) deputy governor Anand Sinha to its board.
a) ICICI Bank
b) HDFC Bank
c) IDFC Bank
d) IDBI Bank
9. The Lok Sabha in August 2016 passed The Constitution (122nd Amendment) (GST) Bill, 2014. The Bill exempts which of the following Goods and Services from its purview?
a) Tobacco Products
10. The International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples was observed on 9 August 2016 with the theme
a) Indigenous Peoples' and Life
b) Indigenous Peoples' Right to Education
c) Ensuring indigenous peoples' health and well-being
d) Indigenous peoples building alliances: Honouring treaties, agreements and other constructive arrangements.
11. The Mental Health Care Bill, 2013 that was passed by Rajya Sabha seeks to repeal the Mental Health Act of the year?
12. Name the state that has accorded in-principle approval to implementation of Kalinga Siksha Sathi Yojna.
b) West Bengal
13. The International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples was observed on 9 August 2016 was adopted via a resolution by UN General Assembly in the year?
14. Which of the following institution is responsible for enforcing ban on Ponzi Scheme which were in news recently?
a) State Government
b) Union Government
15. Which of the following statements in regard to Mental Health Care Bill, 2013 that was passed by Rajya Sabha is false?
a) It is based on UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities ratified in 2002
b) It calls for setting up Central and State Mental Health Authority
c) It talks about the rights of persons with mental illness
d) It asks for constitution of Mental Health Review Commission and Board
1. (a) Kalikho Pul
2. (b) Organochlorine pesticide
3. (c) Katie Ledecky
4. (d) National Tiger Conservation Authority
5. (a) Australia
6. (d) TKV Desikachar
7. (b) Sandeep Kumar
8. (c) IDFC Bank
9. (b) Alcohol
10.(b) Indigenous Peoples' Right to Education
14.(a) State Government
15.(a) It is based on UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities ratified in 2002
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.