The recap of the day covers important current affairs of the day like GST Constitutional amendment bill 2016 ratified in three states, Teacher on Call scheme and launch of Kolkata Akashvani Kendra’s Moitree Service among others.
• V P Singh Badnore has been recently appointed the Governor of - Punjab
• Banwarilal Purohit has been recently appointed the Governor of - Assam
• The journalist, considered the ‘dean of black press columnists’, who passed away recently is - George E. Curry
• The Belgian jazz musician, mostly known for harmonica playing, who died recently is - Toots Thielemans
• The scientist who has been appointed the Vice Chancellor of the Homi Bhabha National Institute is - P D Gupta
• The city that will host the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup is - Ahmedabad
• Indian-origin President of Singapore who died in August 2016 and was the sixth and longest-serving President of Singapore- S R Nathan
• Person sworn in as the Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands in August 2016- Jagdish Mukhi
• India in August 2016 signed agreement with which country to foster conditions that will help create and improve workplace-based vocational training in India's industrial clusters- Germany
• Typhoon that made landfall near Tateyama City in Chiba Prefecture south of Tokyo, Japan is - Mindulle
• Three states that ratified the Goods and Services Tax Constitutional amendment bill 2016 after Assam, Bihar and Jharkhand are - Himachal Pradesh, Chhatisgarh and Gujarat
• The state that decided to engage retired teachers in government high schools under “Teacher on Call” scheme to meet the shortage of teaching faculty is – Odisha
• The state that proposed to create 17 new districts in the state is – Telangana
• President Pranab Mukherjee launched Kolkata Akashvani Kendra’s Moitree Service in Bangla for listeners in - Bangladesh
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.