Delhi Lieutenant-Governor (LG) Najeeb Jung on 16 June 2014 approved the formation of District-level Road Safety Committees (DRSC) to ensure road safety.
The committees will be constituted under the provision of Section 215 of the Motor Vehicle Act 1988. The committee will mandate closer engagement of the local administration and the citizen.
The District Road Safety Committees will hold its meeting at least once in three months or as per requirement.
Role of the committee
• To identify the black spot (accident prone spots)
• After identifying black spots, the DSRC will make remedial measures like improvement in road condition, provision of emergency medical relief and others.
• Ambulances will be deployed at places so that emergency care can be provided within 8-10 minutes of occurrence of an accident.
• Under the development of trauma care and blood facility category, the availability of trauma care facility including blood banks needs to be evaluated and action taken for upgradation where necessary.
• Futher, DRSC can also formulate a strategy and monitor enforcement of traffic regulations.
When: 16 June 2014
Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana: Delhi Government launches Free Pilgrimage Scheme for senior citizens
Railways Ministry, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum sign MoU to foster tourism in Delhi NCR
Delhi’s Signature Bridge: All you need to know
Delhi Metro Pink Line: Trilokpuri Sanjay Lake - Shiv Vihar section opens for public