Economic Survey Quiz 2020: Top 15 Questions to expect in Government Exams
Get the top questions that will be asked in government exams like UPSC IAS, IBPS Banking, SBI PO and other competitive exams here.
Economic Survey Quiz 2020: Get the top questions that will be asked in government exams like UPSC IAS, IBPS Banking, SBI PO and other competitive exams here. Solve Economic Survey 2020 Questions and know the correct answers.
1. The Economic Survey 2019-20 has projected how much GDP Growth for fiscal year 2020-21?
a) 5-5.5 percent
b) 6-6.5 percent
c) 5-6 percent
d) 5-6.5 percent
2. What is the estimated Industrial growth for fiscal 2019-20?
a) 2.5 percent
b) 3.5 percent
c) 4.5 percent
d) 3 percent
3. What is the projected growth rate for agriculture in Fiscal Year 2019-20?
a) 3.4 percent
b) 2.5 percent
c) 2.1 percent
d) 2.8 percent
4. What is the over-arching theme of Economic Survey 2019-20?
b) Wealth Creation
c) Industrial Reforms
d) Start-up Innovation
5. Which term was used to describe the economics of a plate of food in India in the Economic Survey 2019-20?
6. The Economic Survey 2020 suggests Employee Stock Ownership for which sector?
7. How many new jobs were created in India between 2011-12 and 2017-18 as per Economic Survey 2019-20?
a) 6.3 crore
b) 4.4 crore
c) 5.5 crore
d) 2.6 crore
8. As per the Economic Survey of India, how many new companies were formed in 2018?
9. How much India needs to spend on infrastructure to become USD 5 trillion economy by 2024-25?
a) USD 1.2 trillion
b) USD 1.4 trillion
c) USD 1.6 trillion
d) USD 1.8 trillion
10. The year 2019 marked the golden jubilee of which event, as per Economic Survey 2020?
a) PSU Privatisation
b) Bank Capitalisation
c) Bank Nationalisation
d) CPSE Disinvestment
1. (b) 6-6.5 percent
The Economic Survey 2019-20 has projected the GDP Growth rate to be 6% - 6.5% in fiscal year 2020-21.
2. (a) 2.5 percent
The Economic Survey 2019-20 has estimated Industrial growth to be at 2.5% in fiscal 2019-20.
3. (d) 2.8 percent
The Economic Survey 2020 has projected agriculture and its allied sectors to grow at 2.8 percent in fiscal 2019-20.
4. (b) Wealth Creation
The overarching theme of Economic Survey 2019-20 is wealth creation and the policy choices that enable the same.
5. (a) Thalinomics
The Economic Survey 2020 used the term ‘Thalinomics’ to describe economics of a plate of food in India. It throws light upon the price paid by a person for a Thali in India anywhere.
6. (b) Banking
The Economic Survey 2020 depicts that the growth of Indian Banking Sector has been inproportionate with the overall economic growth. To accelerate the growth of Banking Sector, Survey suggests the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) for bank employees.
7. (a) 6.3 crore
According to the Economic Survey 2019-20, about 2.62 crore new jobs were created between 2011-12 and 2017-18. About 1.21 crore jobs were created in rural areas, while 1.39 crore jobs were created in urban areas.
8. (c) 1,24,000
According to the Economic Survey of India 2019-20, 1,24,000 new companies were formed in 2018. The figure was just 70,000 in 2014 that saw a growth of about 80% in 2018. Most entrepreneurship in service sector recorded in Delhi, Mizoram, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Haryana.
9. (b) 4.4 trillion
Economic Survey 2019-20 said that India needs to spend about USD 1.4 trillion on infrastructure to become a USD 5 trillion economy by 2024-25. The report highlighted that 100 more airports are to be made operational by 2023-24.
10. (c) Bank Nationalisation
The year 2019 marked the golden jubilee year of Bank Nationalisation. The Survey points out that the growth of Indian Banking Sector has not been proportionate with the overall growth of the economy.