Eminent Telugu Writer and Gyanpeeth Awardee, Dr. Ravuri Bharadwaja Passed away
Eminent Telugu writer and Gyanpeeth award recipient, Dr. Ravuri Bharadwaja passed away in Hyderabad on 18 October 2013.
Eminent Telugu writer and Gyanpeeth award recipient, Dr. Ravuri Bharadwaja passed away in Hyderabad on 18 October 2013. He was 86.
Ravuri Bharadwaja won Gyanpeeth award for the year 2012 for his well known Telugu novel, Paakudu Raallu, which reflected real life behind the silver screen of the film industry.
About Ravuri Bharadwaja
• Ravuri Bharadvaja (born in 1927) is a Telugu novelist, short-story writer, poet and critic.
• Ravuri Bharadwaja studied till class eight, but his works and write-ups turned up to be a basis for many research works and are prescribed as text books in Universities.
• He is a poet, a playwright, a novelist of distinction and a popular science writer.
• He has written six short novels for children namely Kadambari, Pakudurallu, Jeevana Samaram, Inupu Tera Venuka and Koumudi – these novels have been translated into several Indian languages as well as English.
• Earlier he has been awarded with awards like Sahitya Akademi Award, Soviet Land Nehru Award, Balsahitya Parishad Award, and Telugu Akademi Award.
• He was also awarded with a honarary doctorate from Nagarjuna University.
• He also worked in All India Radio for more than three decades. Having written in every literary form, he published more than hundred works.
• His contribution towards children's literature and simple way of writing earned a lot of popularity among book lovers.