England won the Pataudi Trophy test-series 3-1 against India
England won the 5-match Pataudi Trophy test-series played against India by 3-1. England achieved the feat after defeating India..
England won the 5-match Pataudi Trophy test-series played against India by 3-1. England achieved the feat after defeating India on 17 August 2014 in the fifth and final Test at The Oval by an innings and 244 runs.
On the other hand, India suffered an innings defeat in the second last match also and both the fourth and fifth matches were wrapped within three days. This was the heaviest Test defeat of India in 40 years.
This series win had enabled England to retain the Pataudi Trophy for the second straight time in three years. Besides, the series defeat also saw India slip in latest ICC Test Rankings to 5th position.
- Man of the Match at the Oval: Joe Root
- Man of the Series: James Anderson (England) and Bhuvneshwar Kumar (India)
- England v India at Nottingham – 9 July to 13 July 2014, the match was drawn
- England v India at Lord's – 17 July to 21 July 2014, India won by 95 runs
- England v India at Southampton – 27 July to 31 July 2014, England won by 266 runs
- England v India at Manchester - 7 August to 9 August 2014, England won by an innings and 54 runs
- England v India at The Oval - 15 August to 17 August 2014, England won by an innings and 244 runs
Some major facts of the Series
- India was bowled out at 94 in its second innings in the fifth match. This was India’s lowest score in England since 1974. The previous one was 42 all out at Lord’s.
- Since 1977, India has been bowled out five times in the series at a score of less than 200
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group