Filmmaker Dasari to make biopic on Jaya
Veteran filmmaker Dasari Narayana Rao will be making a biopic titled ‘Amma’ on the former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, covering her life story.
Veteran Indian filmmaker and former Union Minister Dasari Narayana Rao has announced his intention of making a biopic on the former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, J Jayalalithaa, who passed away on 5 December 2016.
The director, who has been closely associated with the former actress for years, made the announcement on 4 January 2016.He explained his decision by saying that it was only appropriate to make a film on a person who has inspired so many people and has worked in more than 140 films in three languages, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada.
About the project
• The film titled ‘Amma’ is still in the ideation stage and is yet to enter the scripting phase.
• The film is expected to cover her journey from being a popular actress to becoming ‘Amma’, a revolutionary leader in the Tamil Nadu politics.
• The film will be made in Tamil and Telugu. It could also be a trilingual film, as Dasari Narayana Rao is thinking of making it in Hindi as well.
• No cast has been finalised. It will be done only when the scripting process is completed.
• The shooting of the film is expected to start by the end of 2017 or by the beginning of 2018.
• The actors who are rumoured to become a part of the project include southern actresses Ramya Krishnan, Trisha, Simran and Bollywood dream girl Hema Malini.
• Currently, the director is much focused on the writing part, the content and the way the story will be showcased.
Besides this, Bollywood filmmaker Ram Gopal Verma has announced his next film titled 'Sasikala'. The title suggests that the film will be based on Jayalalithaa’s closest aide Sasikala Natarajan, who took charge as the General Secretary of AIADMK on 31 December 2016. According to popular opinion, Sasikala, who is also affectionately known as ‘Chinnamma’ (small mother), is slated to become the next Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu. Script work for the film is already underway.