The first BRICS Film Festival will kick started on 2 September 2016 at the Sirifort Auditorium Complex, New Delhi. Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore inaugurated the festival.
The five-day festival aims at providing a platform for people of the film industry of member countries to explore areas of cooperation in the domain of cinema, culture and cuisine.
Key highlights of the BRICS Film Festival
• The idea of BRICS film festival has been conceived to build bridges and bring harmony amongst the BRICS countries, i.e., Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
• The opening film for the festival will be the world premiere of the Malayalam movie, Veeram.
• The closing film will be the Chinese movie, Skiptrace, starring Jackie Chan directed by Renny Harlin.
• In the course of 5 days of the event, 20 movies will be screened in the competition section, 4 from each of the countries.
• The festival that kick started on 2 September 2016 will conclude on 6 September 2016.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App