The first edition of IoT India Congress 2016 kick started on 7 September 2016 in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
The three-day event was inaugurated by Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Information Technology (IT) and Electronics Minister, and JS Deepak, Secretary, Ministry of Telecommunications.
Key highlights of the event
• The IoT India Congress 2016 is one of the largest events of its kind in India.
• It will bring together stakeholders from various facets of the Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem.
• It aims to bring together key stakeholders across the value chain and verticals to collaborate, ideate and share a common roadmap for IoT implementation.
• The event will also host the IoT Thought Leadership Awards 2016 and the IoT Start-Up Awards 2016.
About Internet of Things
• The Internet of Things is a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines, objects, animals or people that are provided with unique identifiers. They are provided with the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction.
• In 2013, the Global Standards Initiative on Internet of Things defined the IoT as the infrastructure of the information society.
• The IoT allows objects to be sensed and/or controlled remotely across existing network infrastructure.
• When IoT is augmented with sensors and actuators, the technology becomes an instance of the more general class of cyber-physical systems.
• British entrepreneur Kevin Ashton coined the term in 1999 while working at Auto-ID Labs.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 7 September 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.