The first India International Science Festival (IISF) began on 4 December 2015 at IIT-Delhi.
The five day festival will explore ways to translate academic research into industrial applications benefiting the common man and encourage culmination of scientific temperament among youngsters, especially school children.
The objectives of IISF 2015 are as follows:
• Exposing the fruits of Science & Technology to the masses
• Building strategy to instill scientific temper among the masses
• Showcasing Indian contributions in the field of Science and Tech over the years
• Providing platform to young scientists for exchange of knowledge & ideas
• Supporting flagship programs like Make in India, Digital India, Start-ups, Smart Villages, Smart Cities, etc. initiated by the Govt. of India
• Major components of the festival are
a) Young Scientists' Conference
b) Techno-Industrial Expo
c) Science Film Festival
d) National Level Exhibition & Project Competition (NLEPC) showcasing innovative models under ‘INSPIRE’ Programme of DST
e) Industry-Academia Conclave
f) Largest Practical Science Lab Demo
g) Interactive Workshops & Informative Sessions
The five-day festival that will conclude on 8 December 2015 was jointly organised by Ministry of Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Union Government. The event was organised with an aim to create a Guinness World Record of the highest number of students conducting an experiment at the same venue in which 2000 students are expected to take part.
Technology Information, Forecasting & Assessment Council (TIFAC) was chosen as the nodal government institution to organize the mega event in collaboration with Vijnana Bharati, an NGO that works for promotion of Science & Technology.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Where: At IIT-Delhi
When: 4 December 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Japan and South Korea reached Agreement on Issue of Comfort Women
Union Cabinet approved construction of 69 bridges on trilateral highway in Myanmar
Union Cabinet approved MoU between India & Jordan for promoting cooperation in IT & Electronics
Dr Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan appointed DG of National Centre for Good Governance