Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing, Government of India Dr. Charan Das Mahant laid the foundation stone on 8 October 2013 for establishment of Shaktiman mega Food Park (the first in the north India) in Jagdishpur of Amethi district in Uttar Pradesh.
Features of Shaktiman Mega Food Park
• The Shaktiman Mega Food Park was set up with assistance under the programme Scheme of Mega Food Parks.
• It will be developed with the assistance of Aditya Birla Group.
• The Park will have most-modern infrastructure and facilities for food processing.
• It will help small and medium sized entrepreneurs, self-help groups and farmer-groups to set up food processing industries.
• It will create a market for raw material and in turn provide better prices to farmers for their produce.
• It will generate direct and indirect employment of 30000 persons.
• It will provide essential services like dry warehousing, cold storage.
• It will also act as a farmer friendly bank and fully equipped education and business centres.
• It will helpful for farmers, food processors and the local economy.
About MEGA FOOD PARK SCHEME (MFPS)
• The Vision 2015 of Ministry of Food Processing Industries aims to raise the processing of perishables in the country from existing 6 percent to 20 percent, value addition from 20 percent to 35 percent and the share in global food trade from 1.5 percent to 3 percent by year 2015.
• To realize the Vision 2015 Ministry of Food Processing Industries pledged support under the Mega Food Park Scheme (MFPS).
• Each Mega Food Park (MFP) will be subsidized with an amount of 50 crore Rupees on a milestone and progress achievement basis.
• The scheme aims at facilitating the establishment of a strong food processing infrastructure backed by an efficient supply chain.
• The processing centres have infrastructure required for processing, packaging, environmental protection systems, quality control labs, trade facilitation etc.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.