First Mega Food Park in Uttar Pradesh Established at Jagdishpur
Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing laid the foundation stone for establishment of Shaktiman mega Food Park in Uttar Pradesh.
Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing, Government of India Dr. Charan Das Mahant laid the foundation stone on 8 October 2013 for establishment of Shaktiman mega Food Park (the first in the north India) in Jagdishpur of Amethi district in Uttar Pradesh.
Features of Shaktiman Mega Food Park
• The Shaktiman Mega Food Park was set up with assistance under the programme Scheme of Mega Food Parks.
• It will be developed with the assistance of Aditya Birla Group.
• The Park will have most-modern infrastructure and facilities for food processing.
• It will help small and medium sized entrepreneurs, self-help groups and farmer-groups to set up food processing industries.
• It will create a market for raw material and in turn provide better prices to farmers for their produce.
• It will generate direct and indirect employment of 30000 persons.
• It will provide essential services like dry warehousing, cold storage.
• It will also act as a farmer friendly bank and fully equipped education and business centres.
• It will helpful for farmers, food processors and the local economy.
About MEGA FOOD PARK SCHEME (MFPS)
• The Vision 2015 of Ministry of Food Processing Industries aims to raise the processing of perishables in the country from existing 6 percent to 20 percent, value addition from 20 percent to 35 percent and the share in global food trade from 1.5 percent to 3 percent by year 2015.
• To realize the Vision 2015 Ministry of Food Processing Industries pledged support under the Mega Food Park Scheme (MFPS).
• Each Mega Food Park (MFP) will be subsidized with an amount of 50 crore Rupees on a milestone and progress achievement basis.
• The scheme aims at facilitating the establishment of a strong food processing infrastructure backed by an efficient supply chain.
• The processing centres have infrastructure required for processing, packaging, environmental protection systems, quality control labs, trade facilitation etc.