Habbi: A tribal village in Jammu and Kashmir
Choudhary Zulfkar Ali, Jammu and Kashmir Minister for food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, on 5 March 2017 inaugurated the first tribal model village Habbi in Kotranka in Jammu and Kashmir.
Kotranka is located Rajouri District of the state.
The village is developed under the Rural Development Department of the State Government. The village has been introduced with smart classes in the schools, better roads, electricity and water facility.
About Jammu and Kashmir Government
• The Government of Jammu and Kashmir is the supreme governing authority of the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir, which has 3 Divisions and 22 districts.
• It consists of an executive, a judiciary and a legislative branch. The executive is led by the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir.
• The Governor is the head of state of J & K. The Governor is appointed by the President of India on the advice of the Union Government.
• Srinagar and Jammu are the summer and winter capitals of Jammu and Kashmir, respectively.
• The present Legislature of the state is bicameral, consisting of a lower house of 89 Member of the Legislative Assembly and an upper house of 36 members.
Where: Jammu and Kashmir
When: 5 March 2017