Freedom fighter and veteran journalist Jitendra Chandra Paul died on 11 September 2014 at B.R. Ambedkar Medical College in Agartala, Tripura. He was 101.
Jitendra Chandra Paul
• Paul participated in India’s freedom struggle and was imprisoned for many years during British Raj.
• Jitendra Chandra Paul brought out Tripura’s first Bengali daily Jagaran in 1954.
• He authored as many as 12 books.
• He played a crucial role in ethnic riots that took place in Tripura in 1980.
• He also helped the refugees who migrated to Tripura from the then East Pakistan (now Bangladesh).