The Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune and Canon India Private Limited on 15 March 2017 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to promote film education through short-term courses across several towns and cities in the country.
Highlights of the MoU
• The courses are proposed to be held in non-metros such as Guwahati, Jaipur, Vishakhapatnam, Raipur, Chandigarh, Raipur, Bhopal, Leh and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
• Basically, Canon partnered FTII for its Skilling India in Film and Television (SKIFT), an initiative designed to spread the art of cinematography and film making across the country.
• Under FTII's unique initiative SKIFT (Skilling India in Film and Television), several short courses, mostly of skill-oriented nature have been proposed to be held in collaboration with several State Governments, Universities and Educational institutions.
• Initially SKIFT will conduct courses such as Digital Cinematography, Documentary Film Making, Screenplay Writing, Acting, Film Criticism & Journalism and Film Appreciation.
• As a technology partner for this initiative, Canon India will add value to the program which is endeavoured to scale skill development in film and television to greater heights.
• Canon as a technology partner of SKIFT will be providing high-end cameras and accessories free of cost for the courses.
• This support by Canon will be a major contributing factor in keeping the course fees affordable while offering an opportunity to course participants to use cutting-edge equipment.
About FTII Pune
• FTII Pune is one of Asia's leading and India's foremost institute in film and television education.
• It has been working to break new grounds by pushing to democratise cinematic education by offering quality and affordable training to general public and practitioners at locations where there is a demand for such courses.
• FTII is also in the process of aligning some of the short courses with Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) under National Skill Development Council.
Who: FTII and Canon
What: Signed MoU
When: 15 March 2017