FTII and Canon sign MoU to promote short courses in Film & Television
Basically, Canon partnered FTII for its Skilling India in Film and Television (SKIFT), an initiative designed to spread the art of cinematography and film making across the country.
The Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune and Canon India Private Limited on 15 March 2017 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to promote film education through short-term courses across several towns and cities in the country.
Highlights of the MoU
• The courses are proposed to be held in non-metros such as Guwahati, Jaipur, Vishakhapatnam, Raipur, Chandigarh, Raipur, Bhopal, Leh and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
• Basically, Canon partnered FTII for its Skilling India in Film and Television (SKIFT), an initiative designed to spread the art of cinematography and film making across the country.
• Under FTII's unique initiative SKIFT (Skilling India in Film and Television), several short courses, mostly of skill-oriented nature have been proposed to be held in collaboration with several State Governments, Universities and Educational institutions.
• Initially SKIFT will conduct courses such as Digital Cinematography, Documentary Film Making, Screenplay Writing, Acting, Film Criticism & Journalism and Film Appreciation.
• As a technology partner for this initiative, Canon India will add value to the program which is endeavoured to scale skill development in film and television to greater heights.
• Canon as a technology partner of SKIFT will be providing high-end cameras and accessories free of cost for the courses.
• This support by Canon will be a major contributing factor in keeping the course fees affordable while offering an opportunity to course participants to use cutting-edge equipment.
About FTII Pune
• FTII Pune is one of Asia's leading and India's foremost institute in film and television education.
• It has been working to break new grounds by pushing to democratise cinematic education by offering quality and affordable training to general public and practitioners at locations where there is a demand for such courses.
• FTII is also in the process of aligning some of the short courses with Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) under National Skill Development Council.