Glenmark Pharma received final approval of USFDA for migraine drug
The Frovatriptan Succinate Tablets has an estimated market size of 87.8 million US dollars for the 12 months ended January 2016.
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals on 14 March 2016 announced that it received the final approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) to manufacture and market Frovatriptan Succinate tablets in the American market.
The Frovatriptan Succinate Tablets, 2.5 mg, which is therapeutical equivalent of Endo Pharmaceutical's Frova tablets 2.5 mg, has an estimated market size of 87.8 million US dollars for the 12 months ended January 2016.
Used of Frovatriptan Succinate
• Frovatriptan is used to treat migraines and helps to relieve other migraine symptoms.
• It belongs to a class of drugs known as triptans.
• It affects a certain natural substance (serotonin) that causes narrowing of blood vessels in the brain.
About Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
• Glenmark Pharmaceuticals is a pharmaceutical company headquartered in Mumbai, India.
• It manufactures and markets generic formulation products and active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the domestic and international markets.
• The company's current portfolio consists of 61 ANDAs pending approvals from the USFDA and 108 products authorised for distribution in the US.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App