PM Modi Red Fort Speech: 7 things PM Modi said during his address on 400th Prakash Purab of Guru Tegh Bahadur
Guru Tegh Bahadur Prakash Parv 2022: PM Modi addresses the nation from Red Fort on Guru Tegh Bahadur Jayanti 2022. Check key highlights.
Prakash Purab Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji 2022: Prime Minister Modi participated in the celebrations of the 400th Prakash Purab of Guru Tegh Bahadur at Red Fort today. Prime Minister addressed the gathering and also released a commemorative coin and a postage stamp on the occasion.
Guru Tegh Bahadur Jayanti 2022 or Prakash Parv 2022 is being celebrated on April 21 all over the country to mark the birth of the Ninth Guru of Sikhism, Guru Tegh Bahadur.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah on April 20 inaugurated the two-day event and also paid his tributes to Sikh Guru Tegh Bahadur. The Union Minister said that organizing the event at the Red Fort was a fitting tribute to Guru Tegh Bahadur as his death warrant was issued from Red Fort.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi attends the 400th Parkash Purab celebrations of Sri Guru Teg Bahadur at Red Fort, Delhi pic.twitter.com/3pGZpLAWZK— ANI (@ANI) April 21, 2022
Guru Tegh Bahadur Jayanti 2022
Guru Tegh Bahadur Jayanti is being celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of the Ninth Guru of Sikhism, Guru Tegh Bahadur, and this year mark the 400th year of his birth.
Guru Tegh Bahadur was the youngest son of Guru Hargobind and is remembered as the warrior guru who fought for religious freedom. Tegh Bahadur who is widely regarded as the saviour guru is also considered to be an honourable scholar and poet who contributed to the Holy book of Sikhism, Guru Granth Sahib.
PM Modi Red Fort Speech: Key Highlights
1. Prime Minister Modi in his address on Guru Tegh Bahadur Jayanti 2022 said that Red Fort has been witness to many significant periods. The fort has also seen the martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji and has also tested the courage of those who died for the country.
2. PM Modi in his address from Red Fort said that he is happy to see that India has been moving forward with full devotion to the ideals of our gurus. He added that on this virtuous occasion, he bows on the feet of all ten gurus.
3. Prime Minister Modi during his address on Guru Tegh Bahadur Jayanti 2022 referred to the rule of Aurangzeb and said that there was a time in India when people of the country were oppressed in the name of the religion.
4. PM further added that in front of Aurangzeb's tyrannical thinking, Guru Tegh Bahadur became 'Hind Ki Chadar' and stood like a rock. Red Fort is a witness that even though Aurangzeb severed many heads, but could not shake our faith.
In front of Aurangzeb's tyrannical thinking, Guru Tegh Bahadur became 'Hind di Chadar' and stood like a rock. This Red Fort is a witness that even though Aurangzeb severed many heads, but could not shake our faith: PM Narendra Modi at Red Fort, Delhi pic.twitter.com/MPAsbbB3S3— ANI (@ANI) April 21, 2022
5. While highlighting the Central Government's efforts role, PM Modi in his speech from Red Fort said that the government has been making continuous efforts to link the holy places of pilgrimage connected to Sikh tradition.
6. Prime Minister Modi during the 400th Prakash Purab Celebrations of Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur at Red Fort acknowledged that India has never posed a threat to any country or society. Even today the country thinks about the welfare of the whole world.
India has never posed a threat to any country or society. Even today we think about the welfare of the whole world: PM Narendra Modi at the 400th Parkash Purab celebrations of Sri Guru Teg Bahadur at Red Fort, Delhi. pic.twitter.com/lHq4BhkE5V— ANI (@ANI) April 21, 2022
7. While admiring the Sikh Society, Prime Minister noted that new thinking, continues hard work, and 100% dedication is the identity of our Sikh society even today.
Guru Tegh Bahadur Jayanti 2022: PM Modi releases commemorative coin and postage stamp on 400th Prakash Purab celebrations
Prime Minister Narendra Modi releases a commemorative coin and postage stamp on the occasion of the 400th Parkash Purab celebrations at Red Fort, Delhi. pic.twitter.com/voE4KWRO5Q— ANI (@ANI) April 21, 2022
Guru Tegh Bahadur Jayanti: How India will celebrate the day?
The programme to celebrate the 400th Prakash Purab of Guru Tegh Bahadur is being organized by the Government of India in collaboration with the Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee.
During the two-day event on April 20 and 21, ragis and children from various parts of the country will participate in ‘Shabad Kirtan’.
A grand light and sound show depicting the life of Guru Tegh Bahadur will also be held and the traditional martial art of Sikhs ‘Gatka’ will also be organized.
The death anniversary of Guru Tegh Bahadur is commemorated as Shaheedi Diwas every year on November 24. Guru Tegh Bahadur was executed on the orders of Mughal emperor Aurangzeb and his death warrant was issued from Red Fort. He was killed near the premises where a Gurudwara stands now.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS