The state government of Haryana on 31 October 2017 announced lifetime monthly pension of Rs 10,000 for 'Hindi Satyagrahis' and those from the state who were jailed during the Emergency.
The state government also announced that it would be providing enhanced financial assistance to World War-II veterans and their widows. Besides this, the state’s Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar announced 10 hours electricity supply to farmers starting from 1 November 2017.
The announcements were made during the closing ceremony of the year-long 'Swarna Jayanti' celebrations of the state at Mahabir Stadium in Hisar, Haryana. Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu was the Chief Guest for the occasion.
• The state government has decided to provide lifetime monthly pension of Rs 10,000 to the 'Hindi Satyagrahis’ to compensate for all the years when their contribution went unacknowledged.
• The lifetime pension would continue to be provided to their widows after their death.
• The government has identified 194 'Satyagrahis' who were imprisoned during the 'Hindi Satyagraha' launched by the Punjab Arya Pratinidhi Sabha in 1957 to promote the language.
• The government has also identified the people, who were imprisoned during the emergency period and given them facilities such as free medical treatment and free travel on state buses under 'Shubrajyotsana' programme.
• The government has also announced enhanced monthly assistance to the state’s soldiers who took part in the World War-II and their widows. The monetary assistance would range from Rs 4,500 to Rs 10,000.
Further, the Haryana government has also provided government jobs to 156 family members of martyrs from the state who laid down their lives in post-Independence wars and internal security duties.
Who: Haryana government