The International Road federation (IRF) on 26 April 2017 announced that India will host the 18th World Road Meeting (WRM 2017) which will be held on 13 November 2017.
The theme of World Road Meeting 2017 is ‘Safe Roads and Smart Mobility: The Engines of Economic Growth’.
The conference is expected to be attended by over 4000 delegates across the world and will include plenary sessions with eminent and well-known speakers discussing important issues facing mobility sector.
How hosting World Road Meeting will be beneficial for India?
• As a host of the meeting, India will reflect the growing importance of the country as a market for transport infrastructure and services.
• The WRM will provide an important platform for potential investors to partner and participate in the immense opportunities that are made available in India.
• In addition, it will also provide a platform for sharing cutting-edge research, best practices and experiences, from around the globe.
About World Road Meeting
• The World Road Meeting is the biggest global platform for road engineers, safety and transport experts and companies engaged in road safety products to discuss issues pertaining to road infrastructure and mobility.
• It is globally an important event for discussing important issues facing the road, transport and mobility sectors.
• It includes a conference, an exhibition, a young professional lab and an innovation cafe.
• It is held once in every four years.
What: To be hosted by India