India won the 5-match One-Day International (ODI) series played against England by 3-1. The first match of the series was washed out due to rain without a ball being bowled. However, India won the second, third and fourth matches of the series but suffered a defeat by the hands of England in the fifth and the final match.
The last match of the series was played at Headingley, Leeds on 5 September 2014 in which India suffered a loss by 41 runs. Joe Root’s century in the final match helped England to win the match. While, chasing 295 for victory, team India was bundled out for 253 in 48.4 over.
• Man of the match of fifth match – Joe Root
• Man-of-the-Series – Suresh Raina
• India in England at County Ground, Nevil Road - 25 August 2014, was washed away due to rain
• India in England at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff - 27 August 2014, India won by 133 runs
• India in England at Trent Bridge, Nottingham - 30 August 2014, India won by 6 wickets
• India in England at Edgbaston, Birmingham - 2 September 2014, India won by 9 wickets
• India in England at Headingley, Leeds – 5 September 2014, England won by 41 runs
During the tour to England, Indian team earlier lost the 5-match Pataudi Trophy test-series played against England by 3-12. Whereas before wrapping their tour to England, India will play a Twenty-20 match on 7 September 2014 in Birmingham.
Where: Indian cricket team