The second International Tourism Mart (ITM) started in Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh on 18 October 2013. It was officially inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh on 19 October 2013. It is the three-day event which will end on 20 October 2013. The International Tourism Mart is organised by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, in association with the North-Eastern States and West Bengal.
About the International Tourism Mart (ITM)
• The International Tourism Mart (ITM) is the second one to be organised in the North Eastern region with the objective of highlighting the tourism potential of the region in the domestic and international markets.
• The ITM will bring together the tourism business fraternity and entrepreneurs from the eight North Eastern States of India and West Bengal.
• The event has been planned and scheduled to facilitate interaction between buyers, sellers, media, Government agencies and others.
• International buyers and media delegates from countries around the world and from different regions of the country are participating in the Mart and will engage in business-to-business meetings with sellers from the North East Region and West Bengal.
• The ITM will enable tourism product suppliers to reach out to international and domestic buyers and promote tourism in the region.
• Besides the foreign delegates, domestic buyers from other parts of the country and sellers from the North Eastern States and West Bengal will be participating in the Mart.
• Representatives of State Tourism Departments of these States will also be present to showcase their tourism destinations and to interact with the delegates.
• Apart from the business meetings, the three day event will include presentations, cultural evenings, sight-seeing visits to local attractions in and around Tawang and press meetings with the media.
The North East Region of India comprising the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura and Sikkim and the state of West Bengal are endowed with diverse tourist attractions and products. The varied topography of the region, its flora and fauna, the ethnic communities with their rich heritage of ancient traditions and lifestyles, festivals, arts and crafts, make it an ideal holiday destination.
More than 55 foreign delegates from Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, France, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Myanmar, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, U.K., USA and Vietnam are participating in the ITM.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.