Invest India and Business France on July 25, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to promote investment facilitation and cooperation between startups of India and France.
The MoU aims to facilitate direct foreign investment by providing practical investment information to enterprises.
It will also support the companies pursuing those opportunities which contribute positively to economic growth of the two countries.
Highlights of the MoU
• Invest India and Business France will collaborate to promote business and startup ecosystem cooperation through joint activities and exchange experiences to strengthen institutional knowledge.
• Both the sides will identify opportunities between businesses in the French and Indian private sector and will create a dedicated support structure to facilitate inbound companies and startups.
• It will provide a seamless facilitation channel for new businesses and innovations from India and France to grow in the French and Indian markets.
• The partnership will strengthen the existing business relations between India and France.
• Invest India is the official Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of the Government of India, mandated to facilitate investments in the country.
• It is the first stop for potential global investors in the country.
• It provides sector and state-specific inputs and other supports to investors through entire investment cycle.
• All efforts like hand-holding and facilitation support are made by Invest India under the Make in India programme.
• The support services offered by Invest India team to the investor includes:
o Location identification
o Expediting regulatory approvals
o Facilitating meetings with relevant government and corporate officials
o Facilitating the investors in other services like the initiation of remedial actions to the problems that are faced by the investors.
• Business France is an executive agency of the French government under the supervision of the Minister for Economic Affairs and Finance and the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Development.
• It promotes International Business Development for French companies and professionals through a worldwide network of 80 Trade Commissions.
• Business France mobilises the expertise of 1400 persons in France and in 70 other countries.
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports